Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Iran - a good idea?

Ben: the airplane is a given. She got the same vow as my wife

Hossein: thank you very much! This is great information. The Iranian AIP looks very well done, that’s a good starting point.

At 150KTAS I have 7h endurance in the wings and plan to have 4-5 more in the cabin. If Iran allows one to carry fuel from gas stations airside, then this is a great thing as a backup plan should avgas not be found.

The landing and service fees seem steep because even though each item appears to be moderate, they often have a minimum amount of USD 100. It looks like 400-500 USD without handling on international airports. That is more than the average monthly income according to Wikipedia.

your welcome my friend.any time.
i think its not a good idea to carry fuel.its dangerious good and maybe Iran CAO not allow you to carry it on.
7 hours is really good!as i told you i can ask my flight school for AVgas Fuel..!maybe they can provide you.
maybe they have exception for general aviation in costs…
it was not nice for me to show me our average monthly income.its not related to aviation.if they’ve written AIP and mark 100 dollor at least for land in international flight its not because they want to take you more money!its because they didnt Predicted General flights!its for commercial airplanes.that is fare enough!

“Landing charge at international airports:
a) International flights:
Charge 6.00 U.S Dollars per 1000 KG.
Minimum charge is 100.00 U.S Dollars”

we paid 1500 Euro to Baku for one night for ULTRALIGH!they didnt even issued us visa and we rest on floor and chair!they want take us 2500 euro!1000 for VIP parking that we did not requested!but we paid just 1500.

but in iran if you can have any conversation to airport and … they maybe have exceptions!
by the way if you really want to do this flight i can ask whatever you need from CAO,Airports and … for you for free.
one of my masters (in AIP and Annex ground courses) working in CAO and know everything you need.i will ask him whatever you want to know. :) just let me know your questions.

Hossein Halimi
OIII Mehrabad int.Airport

For who is interested, I put together a few impressions of Iran and Tabriz in particular.

Iranian landscape, just behind the border with the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic.

On the VOR-DME approach to Tabriz, we passed over the city. The sheer size made us speechless.

On short final.

Iranian wedding car.

The backyard of the Tabriz bazar.

Changing some money…

It’s the biggest covered bazar in the world.

The Blue Mosque:

Inside:

Some typical architecture.

Some kind of leisure park. People seemd totally relaxed and enjoying themselves.

In the public, almost nothing is written in English / arab letters.

Landscapes just outside Tabriz:

We spent half a day exploring the giant Urmia Lake, west of Tabriz, the third biggest salt lake in the world.

On the other side is the very southeast corner of Turkey.

As usual, our tiny crew bus.

Fuelling was always a big event. Interestingly, they knew exactly how to properly fuel an SE, with its additional tip tanks and fuselage tank.

Overhead departure, bound for Baku.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 26 Jan 15:02
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It turns out I can go straight from Constanta LRCK to Tabriz OITT. It seems just about possible. I can’t get the Eurocontrol routing straight off with any tool I have but the GC is 880nm.

Obviously stopping in eastern Turkey would be better, but I have done longer flights than this, and overflying Turkey completely avoids the landing permits.

Larnaca LCLK in Cyprus is 639nm GC so a lot closer, and it is dead easy to get there from Crete or Rhodos.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You want to join me in Iran? Time for a non straight forward trip!

Apparently winter is the best time, with CBs in spring/autumn and too much heat in the summer.

That would be quite a trip…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There is an airway more or less straight across the Black Sea, but it will not be accepted in case of a single engine aircraft.

Constanta hasn’t had Avgas for years.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 26 Jan 18:43
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thank you Philip for put nice pictures from Iran.
and good news is there is unlimited AVGAS fuel in some iran airport like Mehrabad,Tabriz,Esfahan,Shiraz,Mashhad and…
and you can also land on Mehrabad Airport as i asked.

Hossein Halimi
OIII Mehrabad int.Airport

There is an airway more or less straight across the Black Sea, but it will not be accepted in case of a single engine aircraft.

All singles or would a SET be able to use it?

EGTK Oxford

good news is there is unlimited AVGAS fuel in some iran airport

It is getting better by the minute… Do you have a rough idea what the cost per liter of avgas would be Hossein?

Sign in to add your message