Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Iran - a good idea?

All singles or would a SET be able to use it?

At the time, it didn’t seem so.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

The long distance bi cycle touring community always report good hospitality in Iran, albeit with some heavy, but courteous, lorry traffic!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Mr. Achimha ,
its about 1.5 to 2 Euro per liters.

Hossein Halimi
OIII Mehrabad int.Airport

I would still love to do a flying trip in Iran. I tried 9 months ago to organise one and searched on the Internet for flying schools, found some and tried to make some calls. In 9 out of 10 cases, they would answer the phone, hear me speak English and just disconnect. Teheran is supposed to be a great city to visit and the mountains are great for skiing. And I have seen Courchevel already a lot of times, so … time for something else I thought. I got stuck and did not get any response by e-mail or phone.

EDLE, Netherlands

The Iranian guy who appeared in this thread seems to have vanished – both from here and from facebook where he used to pop up.

Do they have ski lifts? Without them, you have to pay a helicopter to lift you, no?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Do they have ski lifts?

Of course they do, Iran is hardly the third world! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dizin is only 45 miles from Tehran and looks amazing.

EGEO

They have very good powder snow. It is really an interesting place.

EDLE, Netherlands

AeroPlus wrote:

They

http://www.apts.ir/en

Try these guys.

@Walter: I did try them.

EDLE, Netherlands

:-(

I guess then only personal contacts in the area will help. I have some contacts of the Georgian GA community. They have some barrel avgas and operate a very “improvised” airstrip close to tbilisi. Nevertheless the guy is also very well connected to Turkish and Armenia and I think also Iran, but not sure. If you want I try to contact him and forward you his details. No idea if that will serve as a path to Teheran, but it’s the closest i can offer ;)

Sign in to add your message