Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

Thank you all for the explanations.
@achimha: the criteria for VFR routes make sense, indeed.

LFNR

achimha wrote:

PS: If you put in “VFR”, autorouter calculates everything based on the lowest available altitude, considering terrain.

That’s fine, though I think that 5000’ might be a better average.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Airborne_Again wrote:

look at the flight plan status on the Eurocontrol page

Can anybody access that or is it only for controllers to see?
huv
EKRK, Denmark

huv wrote:

Airborne_Again wrote:
look at the flight plan status on the Eurocontrol page
Actually, achimha wrote that. (In any case, I don’t know.)
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Not everybody has access but AIS surely do. They know it’s a I/Y/Z plan so it’s clear where to look.

We need to fight those superfluous national procedures that just add overhead and complication…

I’m a bit late in joining this discussion and maybe I should create a new thread ( please tell me). I have a question regarding the use (and avoiding the misuse) of autorouter. I’m in practical IFR flight training (Luxembourg) and so far everything was either local with holdings, approaches etc and on the simulator for procedures. Now the real go-to-places training will start and I want to use Autorouter from the beginning for flight planning and filing.
I have created several routes for training purposes up to the parsing, validation and creation of the briefing package. (I’m astounded how well it works and how complete and accurate the briefing package is; congratulations and thank you to those who created it and make it available free of charge).
Now to my question : Lets assume you push the “file” button the day before the intended flight and get the validation back from Eurocontrol but then on the day of the flight you decide to cancel it. What is the correct procedure ? Is there a function (button) to cancel (or edit) the FP electronically without making any phone calls ? Sorry, this is probably so obvious for everyone here it may sound stupid but I would like this question clarified before filing IFR for real for the first time ( so far, for the VFR flights, I used the German DFS site which allows to file, edit and cancel a flight plan).
And the last question : after landing at an uncontrolled airport, how to close the FP using autorouter ?
Any short tutorial will be welcome.

EDRT, ELLX, Luxembourg

gildnn wrote:

Is there a function (button) to cancel (or edit) the FP electronically without making any phone calls ?

Yes it is labelled CANCEL. :)

EGTK Oxford

But you should also get registered on Telegram. It makes so much so much easier.

EGKB Biggin Hill

I just filed my first VFR plan since this conversation and see that it is actually impossible to file a level of VFR. That means that even if you have your own reasons for wanting to file VFR, you are not permitted. It simply converts it to A015 or whatever.

Also, I have thought of another, more cogent, reason for filing early, indeed the reason I just filed a couple of days ahead, which is to be able to track GRAMET easily on Telegram.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Yes, no VFR allowed right now for the altitude. After looking at the pros and cons, we decided to do it that way.

You can track the GRAMET of a route without filing. “ROUTES” give you the 5 most recent routes and “GRAMET ROUTE 3” etc. shows the GRAMET for the specified route.

Sign in to add your message