Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What do you eat on a long flight?

Haha.

I am on for the Mochi, which I might have already eaten whilst flying! Perhaps not the Fugu :-) On the other hand, you only live once!!

Sans aircraft at the moment :-(, United Kingdom

I like to eat Japanese food, so I tend to take a few Mochi Ricecakes stuffed with Fugu

Last Edited by Pilot-H at 15 Sep 22:59

I am currently being sustained on my trip back home by a sliced Soreen Malt loaf. Still moist from several days ago, sweet, filling, and no crumbs. Wish I had discovered it years ago.
E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

the other is Little John no? anyway the OP topic was about food for long flights….

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

There are two products known as “Travel John” – one is more female friendly, the other requires an adapter.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

GA_Pete wrote:

The travel-jon is indeed good, but definitely not an option for a lady passenger

You are aware that there is an adapter called “Lady Jane”? It works quite well, however, on ground training is highly recommended :)

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

In my glider, plenty of water 3L normally, 5L in very hot blue days.
Sandwiches but no mayo and little butter.
Strictly no chocolate.
Cereal bars
Baby mashed fruit pouches
Jelly babies

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Neither airliners, while they have proper toilette some risk is still there, from yesterday’s news
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49672351

AAIB report local copy

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

That failure mode is unbelievable. A coffee spill nearly starting a fire in on airliner??

Unbelievable indeed. However, just a couple of days ago a maintenance engineer I was talking to admitted that coffee spills are the single most frequent issue leading to repairs in airliner cockpits.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

alioth wrote:

Although with wraps be careful of structural integrity issues – contents with sauces can cause structural failure of the bottom of the wrap when you try to eat it, with the result that the contents go all over your lap and the plane…

That’s exactly why I mentioned the aluminium foil. It keeps the thing assembled and also catches whatever is squeezed out the bottom. I also fold the bottom end of the tortilla. This way, the probability of the liquid phase going where it doesn’t belong is considerably lower than in a sandwich (at least for me).

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message