Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin / Avidyne / Jeppesen +V Advisory Glidepath / Glideslope, does it ever breach stepdown fixes, and does it exist for non-GPS IAP airports?

No, that was Version 5.03 when they added the ability to cross fill between a GTN and a GNS.

KUZA, United States

How many approaches are affected by the divide by zero bug in the US? I like to determine if it is worthwhile spending the money to upgrade my 430W from v3.3 to 5.1. Thank you.

United States

There are currently less than 100, but more are added all the time. I recommend you upgrade to 5.10 unless you use one of the products that use the cross fill interface such as the Aspen Connected Panel. Also there is a known bug in the fuel totalizer function for units that rely on the GNS to display the fuel on board. The remote display units such as the Shadin and JPI are not affected. This version adds support for advisory vertical guidance on the LP procedure type and is able to use the LP procedures that have the note: “Descent Angle NA”, which are the ones that your 3.3 version won’t find in the database. There will be a Version 5.20 scheduled to be available this month and you might want to wait for it. I would expect an hour labor charge from teh avionics shop for upgrading your software and it is a straight forward process. You will also get an updated AFMS.

KUZA, United States

Wow, Thank you NCYankee for your detailed advice and help!

United States

G1000 Advisory Glideslope – when available?

For a VOR or NDB(?) approach overlay with stepdown fixes between the IAF and FAF, under what conditions does the G1000W provide an advisory VNAV glidepath?

Does the G1000W automatically provide this for all eligible approaches or must the a VNAV glidepath element between stepdown fixes be coded first by Jeppesen?

It is a true delight when the magneta < appears :)

PF

Last Edited by pistonfever at 27 Jun 20:02
Channel Islands

I believe it’s different for different versions of G1000 software and I guess it’s implemented if particular version supports visual approaches (of course, in addition to LPV approaches).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I believe only the NXI hardware supports the visual approaches, which is a separate function to the advisory glidepath. I refer to the vanilla G1000W hardware but I suspect G1000 NXI offers the same treatment of the function.

PF

Channel Islands

I don’t think that the G1000 will provide advisory vertical guidance on conventional approaches (VOR or NDB). Depending on software version, it will provide advisory vertical guidance on RNAV approaches if the state allows it.

KUZA, United States

NCYankee, correct but it does contain certain coded altitudes that can be linked to a VNAV descent prior to the FAF.

PF

Channel Islands

Diy gps-based “ils” have been available in the g1000 for many years, through the vnav function, but you need to program it yourself (set course and descent angle)

United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message