Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (29-30 July 2023)

Airborne_Again wrote:

They asked if they could go for a ride. As it happened an aircraft ready to fly was parked on the apron with the pilot not due to turn up for another hour, so I took them for a sightseeing tour of the city. They seemed quite happy with the experience.

That is exactly the kind of thing we need in GA: making it easy for outsiders to enter!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Thanks @boscomantico, yes it was very frustrating.
In fact there were TS in Northern Italy the days before, the TAF also mentioned TSRA, but for a different time. Unfortunately the hail appeared in the night at 0230 lcl when the airport was closed. The TSGR was forecast with Prob30 for later that day. Even the Metar for the time mentioned the hail after it had happened (REGR).
Normally it should not be a problem with TS or light hail, you tie down the aircraft, and I had a very good and strong cover and rudder-locks. I talked to airport operations, they never experienced such a situation in all their years.
I put it under bad luck. Fortunately the insurance is very cooperative at the moment, and I hope the manufacturer is able to repair the damage in the factory.

Last Edited by steffen at 31 Jul 21:10
EDKV, Germany

steffen wrote:

Fortunately the insurance is very cooperative at the moment, and I hope the manufacturer is able to repair the damage in the factory.

At least some light in what seems a very disheartening situation. Well done for keeping the mood up and clearing the way to a solution.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

We travelled Mallorca to Kiel in N-Germany then on to Bodo, Rost and Svolvaer in the Lofotens. Had to cross the same or similar front as @Denopa on Saturday. At FL230 we were in and out of clouds.

Last Edited by Antonio at 31 Jul 21:13
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

We travelled Mallorca to Kiel in N-Germany then on to Bodo, Rost and Svolvaer in the Lofotens. Had to cross the same or similar front as @Denopa on Saturday. At FL230 we were in and out of clouds.

Are you planning to stop in ENVA on your way south?

ENVA, Norway

On Sunday I flew 20 minutes to the local LAA Fly-in, changed runway on final due to the windsock, and due to over confidence and gravity waves, set a personal bounce record.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Some early morning flying…

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

due to over confidence and gravity waves, set a personal bounce record.

Yep… that can happen
Unfortunately, I seem to have quite a lot of those lately, probably no over confidence, but more complacency, or having lost the pride. As we used to say on the line, good landings and maths are solely the result of good luck

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Spent the weekend in Sardinia.

On Saturday flew from Sabaudia (LISB) to Aliquirra Airstrip in central south Sardinia.

Aliquirra is a 650m dirt strip set at 1950ft. There was a local raduno of vintage cars and aeroplanes. No avgas normaly available but they had order some 700 litres for the occasion for visiting aircraft.

On Sunday a quick flight to Tortolì Arbartax (LIET) on the east coast, now open after some years of being closed. They require PPR for both arrivals and departure (they need to call the fire service on purpose) but it is a quick form and they answer immediately.

Just park the aeroplane, walk down the runway perimeter and you are on the beach, with a great restaurant right next to you.

Flew back home Sunday evening.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Great to see you back, @AfricanEagle. I tried to contact you recently via all available routes, with no success

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message