Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (29-30 July 2023)

@antonio, your post requires at the very least pictures if not a full trip report Enjoy the great North !

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

@antonio, your post requires at the very least pictures if not a full trip report Enjoy the great North !

Agreed!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

WingsWaterAndWheels wrote:

Are you planning to stop in ENVA on your way south?

I would love to. Right now wx is not looking cooperative for our Southbound trip planned on Monday 7th. If we can make it it seems ENVA is too bad wx for a stop. Alternatives are to fly one day early or late, and that may well open it up! Wx is still too changing to firm up a plan …

Antonio
LESB, Spain

AfricanEagle wrote:

Just park the aeroplane, walk down the runway perimeter and you are on the beach, with a great restaurant right next to you.

The best description for a dream airfield! Great it is back available, and great to have you back @AfricanEagle

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Jujupilote wrote:

your post requires at the very least pictures if not a full trip report Enjoy the great North !

Thank you for the interest! For us it is definitely our trip-of-the-year! It is still ongoing, but I posted some pics here

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Maybe we can do an improvised mini-EuroGA meet at Trondheim on Sunday 6th?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

I’ll be there :-)

ENVA, Norway

Great! will continue the subject on different thread

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Have you had any luck with your hail damage @steffen?

We were in Slovenia a few days later and it was noticeable in flattened crops and people with sheeting on roofs. Apparently the car insurers have a backlog up to Christmas just from those three days of incredibly large hail.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Modern cars can be fixed quite cheaply and without the need for a respray. The guys who do the repairs rely on metal memory and they gently coax the dent out. It’s very simple if you know what you are doing apparently., and doesn’t need any special tools.
The people who do it make their way around the world following the seasons where strong hail is expected. I found it fascinating to watch them at work.

France
Sign in to add your message