Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (26-27 August 2023)

Trying to do some trips in the RV but I keep getting thwarted by weather, so it’s just been a series of local flights.

Looks like next weekend will be good for a longer trip.

I’m also on a mission to get the longest possible 14 day history list on Flightaware..

United Kingdom

@FlyingAppel your open day photo reminded me of an open day at Luçon Chanais now Atlantique Air Park.
Off topic really as it was not this weekend but I thought to post it for any other nerds like me.

France

Getting depressed… initial plan was Texel which I cancelled due to weather forecast.
Back-up plan was a visit to the EDKB Fly-in… but the battery of the plane was dead. Someone left the cockpit light on…
Net result is no flight at all…

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Terrible weather here. Used the time for a bit of maintenance, among others debugging “Emmie” ‘s vacuum system. The vacuum gauge went to zero (and stubbornly remained there) at some point during my last trip. Looks like I’m in for a new pump…

Last Edited by etn at 28 Aug 09:24
etn
EDQN, Germany

The plan was a fly-in in Tynset, central Norway. But it was cancelled due to weather (lots of rain there). Instead I did 2 one hour flight as instructor with 2 co-owner of a plane based in Ler, a private grass airfield just South of Trondheim city. Driving there, I got lost, it was the first time I was going to that airfield by car, it’s a lot easier by plane :-)

ENVA, Norway

Dan wrote:

Looks like a lot of people canceled… pity for all, above all the organization. Thanks to you guys (gals are generically included).

The FlyIn was cancelled because the weather forecast was so bad – and it proved to be reasonably accurate with plenty of thunderstorm activity.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

We got lucky with the weather.
The forecast was bad but most of the cells didn’t pass over the field.

EBZW, Belgium

My goodness: it seems wx has been the dominating factor all over the place this weekend. Mallorca did not escape.

We’ve been completing our light maintenance check after last weekend’s oil change: you know: oil filter inspection, used oil screening and disposal, belly cleanup, interior cleanup (breadcrumbs vacuuming and the likes…) …All nasty stuff but I keep reminding myself it is because we flew 25 hrs in the prior two weeks

Last Edited by Antonio at 28 Aug 15:09
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Monday was a bank holiday yet there was surprisingly little GA activity, despite generally decent weather… I dropped into Wadswick farm for lunch, but ended up chatting to the owner of this shiny Luscombe for so long that the kitchen closed by the time I actually went into the restaurant…

Unfortunately there was a clay shooting event on which meant planes in the parking area were getting showered in spent lead shot. I swiftly moved my plane further away where it was fine, but it wasn’t something I’ve encountered before!

United Kingdom

planes in the parking area were getting showered in spent lead shot

Interesting… to say the least. Airplanes have been shot at in the past, but not in such an indirect way

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message