Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (9-10 September 2023)

Late to the table with this one as well. LEAP-LETL-LEPI-LPCO. Basically just a simple VFR cross country flight with fuel stop in Teruel and overnight in Casa de los Pinos, before arriving in Coimbra, Portugal. Good times.

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Hey, you’ve been to LEPI!! I really thought we‘re the only ones who ever flew there 🤣

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

terbang wrote:

terbang26-Oct-23 06:3532
Hey, you’ve been to LEPI!! I really thought we‘re the only ones who ever flew there 🤣

Ohh yes. It´s certainly not an overcrowded fancy airstrip.
We had a family trip, going from Ampuriabrava (LEAP), on the NE corner of Spain, to Portugal. Made a quick fuel stop at Teruel (LETL) (AirBP avgas), and proceeded onwards to LEPI, where on arrival we were “greeted” by this half naked older Spaniard. Parked the airplane for the night, walked (7-10 min) to the hotel (Bodega La Venta) on the other side of the airport perimeter. Quite and experience, but well worth it – feels a bit like luxury bush flying going in there!

10:15 has the arrival in to Casa de los Pinos (LEPI).

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Nice! We also stayed at Bodega la Venta only the Comedor wasn’t that great.

Edit to add: By the way, was the half naked Spaniard José, the guy with that incredible voice?

Last Edited by terbang at 26 Oct 12:01
EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

That’s seems such a nice Rallye you have there I didn’t recognise it as one.

France

terbang wrote:

Edit to add: By the way, was the half naked Spaniard José, the guy with that incredible voice?

Yes, that´s him! My wife speaks Spanish fluently, funny experience all of it! Food and wine was great at the hotel. Simply but solid Spanish quality, and exceptional large wine card!

gallois wrote:

That’s seems such a nice Rallye you have there I didn’t recognise it as one.

Thank you, and yes it is a very nice Rallye, trying to hide its identity behind the color scheme!

Last Edited by Yeager at 26 Oct 15:41
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Interesting landing video, while the rest of us try to stall it smoothly onto the runway on landing, just as you try to slow your Rallye down to a smooth stall on landing @2ft AGL, the slat deploys voiding your purpose and on you glide a further 50m down the runway…

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

Interesting landing video, while the rest of us try to stall it smoothly onto the runway on landing, just as you try to slow your Rallye down to a smooth stall on landing @2ft AGL, the slat deploys voiding your purpose and on you glide a further 50m down the runway…

Lol. I certainly never aim at a stall on landing. Non of the landings are short field landings, since it´s all long runways, the approach and landing technique is adapted to the circumstances.
Short field landing technique on a Rallye (at least the 890+ series) would be slats out, full flaps approach, idle power at 50ft – standard stuff – in which case the Rallye shines. I´ve done some practice semi short field landings and it´s impressive and actually bloody simple – NO stall on ground!

Last Edited by Yeager at 26 Oct 15:40
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal
38 Posts
Sign in to add your message