Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

After the French PPL

https://youtu.be/JbyWfncYfJo?si=QvsbhOEa-TNEkNwZ
After the French PPL if tou don’t fancy tge IR theory, what about this?
Subtitles in English but not strictly an accurate translation.

France

I’m still expecting to have mountain rating to restart soon.
speedJojo is a plane from Cannes, I am seeing it starting from time to time. He produces great videos.

LFMD, France

I think so as well.

France

Another option is float flying, in France, you can get your endorsement in Biscarrosse. From next May you will most likely also be able to do it here at ENVA on our C185 :-) if everything goes according to plans. The floats are ready, the plane is in good condition, and I’m a CRI for float now, just need to combine all these elements together now . That means putting the plane on the floats, get the resulting floatplane in the fjord and fly it to Selbu and getting me to be comfortable instructing based on this (which include preparing all the specific cursus and good to know sort of presentation for flying that floatplane based in Selbu).

ENVA, Norway

Do thje wings on a Robin normally vibrate so much in flight?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

the WingsWaterAndWheels wrote:

Another option is float flying, in France, you can get your endorsement in Biscarrosse. From next May you will most likely also be able to do it here at ENVA on our C185 :-) if everything goes according to plans. The floats are ready, the plane is in good condition, and I’m a CRI for float now, just need to combine all these elements together now . That means putting the plane on the floats, get the resulting floatplane in the fjord and fly it to Selbu and getting me to be comfortable instructing based on this (which include preparing all the specific cursus and good to know sort of presentation for flying that floatplane based in Selbu).

Ok but you have to live near Biscarrosse, as I’ve been told (may be wrong) that you can only use them on this lake (l’etang de Biscarosse). A bit limitative.

LFMD, France

Float plane flying is kind of fun but utterly useless unless you live in Alaska or maybe Sweden. And not the safest thing in the world unless you stick to water you know.

I started my PPL-ASES when I was in the US, but never got round to finishing it. Biscarosse want you to go there for several days so although it’s tempting – especially since for quite a bit of the time I’m only an hour or so away – I probably won’t.

LFMD, France

I know the limitations of seaplane flying outside of specific regions (and also know that in many places that limitation is only a administration restriction like in France). But if one never tried seaplane flying, that is in my opinion a very interesting experience and does improve your flying skills in general. If you really like it you can always decide to move to places with seaplanes possibilities like Trondheim :-)

ENVA, Norway

For me the main selling point of seaplanes is to spend weeks doing short hops and sightseeing in the Adriatic sea (Porco Rosso anyone ?), or perhaps Greek islands.

(I know pretty much nothing about seaplanes, I’m assuming doing this is a pipe dream from a long bygone era, where you could go anywhere you wanted, and now you have to stick to hydrobases which makes the whole thing pointless)

France
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message