Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (4-5 November 2023)

Passed my CPL skill test.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Gosh – everyone is at it Well done both!

I am enjoying the little breaks in the weather, taking advantage of the low sun

Great rainbow!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am enjoying the little breaks in the weather, taking advantage of the low sun

Me too

I took that photo just a moment ago (obviously on the ground) but it’s indicative of the recent local weather and I was able to take a nice flight yesterday. Tomorrow I have to go to Europe for a few days so my flying is over for likely two weeks.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 06 Nov 14:31

What did I do this weekend? I joined the reunion of our primary school class. And classy was supposed to be my arrival.

I put the bucket with flowers to the baggage bay, strapped my electric unicycle to the RHS, and off I went.

There is the LKHORY, a 450m strip near the city of my youth, with a friendly team of aviators. LKHORY is inside the CTR of LKKV, Karlovy Vary, yet the LKKV tower is operated by a very pro-aviation team, so the arrivals and departures are easy.

After landing. For each girl I platonically loved in those times I brought a flower.

In fifteen minutes my EUC brought me to the very venue, and I started my trade. A rose for a kiss. Well, not a bad weekend, I can tell you.

Despite the persistent low pressure, we’ve actually had some really nice flying weather here and there. With our gliders all with fresh ARCs, and the Auster with a fresh Permit, we got our gliders in the air again. Unfortunately, there was absolutely no lift even though there were some promising looking cloud formations.

Andreas IOM

Congratulations !
Indochine, is that an Archer III ? How does it behave in the London TMA (actual climb rate vs ATC expectations mainly) ?

LFOU, France

Went to Albert Bray and back (LFAQ), going up in the flight levels. I could even feel the effects of altitude at FL75 ! It was a superb flight on top of a SCT layer (unfortunately no photos, it was a busy instruction flight).

I wanted to try measuring O2 level with my Apple Watch, but did not have time before descent. I wonder if anyone is using a watch to measure O2 levels, and if it’s reliable enough for piloting. I think it should be, see for example https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9554125/.

Last Edited by maxbc at 07 Nov 11:53
France

Jujupilote wrote:

Congratulations !
Indochine, is that an Archer III ? How does it behave in the London TMA (actual climb rate vs ATC expectations mainly) ?

Thank you! It’s a Turbo Arrow III. No issues with climb performance (to FL100; have not been higher (yet)).

EGTF, United Kingdom

Well done Emir. What is the CPL test like? Does your previous experience make it easier?

Did you trade all 36 🌹 Pavel?

I got LED navigation lights a while ago, so did a quick night flight to test them now we’re on winter time. In daytime you can’t really tell the difference, but at night they’re painfully bright. I’m pleased ☀️

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Capitaine wrote:

Well done Emir. What is the CPL test like? Does your previous experience make it easier?

It wasn’t too formal although we covered more-less all exercises/procedures required within test form. No surprises and nothing that hasn’t already happened in real flying life.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message