Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Getting an FAA License Quickly

I have a GB EASA ATPL, current MEP/IR and a current UK Class 1 medical. I have several thousand hours spread across SEP, MEP and medium jets.

I have been asked to ferry an N reg aircraft on an interesting flight and would like to do so, but the requirement is urgent.

What is the very quickest way I can get an FAA licence? It needn’t be commercial, I am happy to do it as a PPL, but I will need MEP/IR privileges.

Urgent advice would be appreciated!

EGKB Biggin Hill

How urgent is urgent?

Most quick would be a 61.75. The longest bit is getting the paperwork to Oklahoma. Once it’s ready you can pick it up at the FSDO of your choice and do the BFR (ground and air time) to validate it.

I would call AFS760 at the FAA in Oklahoma City and see if a short term validation is possible…..

Foreign Verification AFS-760
9-AMC[email protected]
Phone (405) 954-1890
Fax (405) 954-9922

They are very helpful and I’m sure they get this a lot for commercial operators…..being an ATP is probably very helpful

Last Edited by AnthonyQ at 01 Oct 16:14
YPJT, United Arab Emirates

http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/foreign_license_verification/

It says 45 days at least but as far as I can recall in 2010 it didnt take me that long.

Sorry guys, I hate to remove posts, but I am not going to use EuroGA to advertise the services of somebody who has completely without substance threatened me and others with legal action…

Timothy knows exactly who the man is, where he can find him, and he can make his own judgement.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you, yes. I was shy of that contact as well, as I have had an unpleasant run in with him as PPL/IR Europe Web Editor.

Anyway, everything is sorted, I have found an FAA pilot to keep me legal. Thank you all.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Peter – no problem. Understood ;-)

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message