Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Five types you are missing in your logbook

Not possible to edit from ipad it seems so replace the PC7 with Stearman. Low and slow is good too.

CKN
EGLM (White Waltham)

Some interesting types have already been mentioned. I particularly like the DH Hornet and Grumman F-3F. By the way, there is an F-3F for sale so that one is clearly not impossible.

Here are some of my favourites:

1. Wolfpitts Pro

2. Folland Gnat F.1

3. GeeBee Z

4. FK.23 BAT Bantam

5. Kawanishi N1K1 Kyofu

EHLE

For me – why not start with a rigid wing hang glider. The Aeros Phantom used to be the one; out of touch now – perhaps an ATOS.

SR71? U2? F104? Nah… Chuck Yeager talks about being the fastest man alive, yet feeling that he was hanging motionless in space. Where’s the fun in that? I grew up in Mid-Wales and probably looking down from hilltops onto Tornadoes and Hawks bombing down the valleys at low level. I’d be happy with either of those, but given this is a fantasy thread, why not a terrain hugging TSR2?

Piston fighters – the Hawker Typhoon. Gorgeous, smooth aerobatics.

And two VTOL aircraft: a standard helicopter. The Guimbal Cabri seems neat.

I’m sure the moon lander doesn’t count as an aircraft, but it is a contraption I would like to put in a logbook.

King Air !

C208B Grand Caravan (more likely to happen)

Ok, a combination of types I actually might fly one day and some I never will.

SAAB 37 (The top of the list!)
Concorde
DC-3
PA46 Meridian/JETPROP
Any Learjet

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 12 Mar 06:34
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Doesn´t have to be Euromillions (well, some of your choices like the Rafale…)

There was a PC 7 which was or is for rent here in Switzerland. To get it in your log should be possible for an hourly price or so… There are P51s which do instruction or passenger flights around as well. Guy I know here recently went to Russia someplace to fly a Mig 23 in dual.

I hope doing a Hunter flight one day, there are some flying here which do take passengers (Trainers). Used to work on them during my service, still one of the most elegant airplanes I´ve ever come across. Unfortunatley, at about 6000 Franks per hour, it will have to wait I do spend this kind of money flying my own plane rather at the moment.

And I hope once to get a chance to try the Citation 500 with a guy who´s promised me a flight for a while. Just wonder how they handle in comparison to what I´ve flown so far. Particularly as they are probably the only jets which are in a price range one could think about one in case one wins those Euromillions :). Another friend of mine in the US has a DC3… love to go and fly with him one day.

There used to be an outfit selling A320 ratings including flight training for about 20k Euros. Another one if I ever have that much spare cash, at least it´s realistic to think about.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Shin Meiwa flying boat
Fiesler Storch
Hawker Harrier
Twin Otter on amphib floats
Russian Beriev jet flying boat

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada

Mooney Driver……….. spend your money on something else, the A320 is the most uninpressive aircraft I have ever flown………Err programmed !

Grumman Tigercat.

Ah yes, the Tigercat! The only plane who’s nacelles are each wider than the fuselage! Yes, I’d add that to my list too!

Home runway, in central Ontario, Canada, Canada
Sign in to add your message