Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mountain High boom cannula

This seems to be new – here

I have a very similar product from another company (kindly donated by another pilot who didn’t like it) but did not fly with it because it did not seem to be convenient – it would pop out of the nose when the headset moved.

But, anything which solves the issue of the long cannula tube getting snagged on the seat, etc, is worth a close look. Cannulas work great so long as you don’t move about too much.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have a picture of a much better looking bloke with the boom cannula (a selfie from today). Overall I am very happy with the product and I use it exclusively now. I never liked the traditional cannulas. The boom is very well thought out (produced with a 3D printer it seems). The fit in the first nostril is good, in the other nostril not great because the rubber hose bends a bit. It takes some position searching but once you’ve figured it out, it’s good.

I can recommend it.

Last Edited by achimha at 02 Jun 15:10

We bought two of these in OSH last year and I can second Achim. However, it always feels a bit as if the outer nibble doesn’t really fit in the respective nostril. Mrs. terbang never got comfortable with this thing and she still prefers the traditional cannula.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

my headset is too small to fit one of those booms.
I’m fine with the cannula

United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message