Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying videos thread

The first real challenge of Pilot-in-Command IFR that I have experienced. Rare northwesterly winds in September provide convective weather and low-level icing risk to challenge my newly honed IFR skills.

But, maybe I was being over cautious? As we proceeded on our route, the weather was relatively benign bar a few small patchy areas of convection that we luckily avoided. It seems even some airliners made the choice to avoid too, even though not much was showing on the Golze In-Flight data link weather.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Beautiful sunset & full moon at Dreux LFON !

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 Dec 19:54
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Nice clean hangars

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It seems even some airliners made the choice to avoid too,

Airline pilots like hot coffee and twiddling the heading bug.

Source: me

always learning
LO__, Austria

Bad video quality, but had a nice night VFR overflight of Amsterdam Schiphol last night:

EHRD, Netherlands

This is what your plane gets used for when you aren’t looking

Warning: language not LGBTQ+ compatible / not suitable for the BBC

Administrator

My first GoPro edited with DaVinci Resolve.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

That’s really excellent.

And what wonderful scenery.

My only suggestions would be

• have the camera looking a big lower, or mount it further forward in the cockpit
  • when doing cuts, do a bit of a crossfade (I use 1 second)
Administrator

Hi Maoraigh good first attempt. I take it you stuck to Resolves cut mode rather than going over to the edit mode. That’s great, I don’t agree at all with Peter re-crossfades, if you learn when and where to cut for greatest value you can learn where and when to add effects such as cross fades for effect, they do have a tendency to slow the pace.
I’m sure you noticed that you probably had a bit too much of the plane’s roof in shot and would benefit from a slight tilt down and perhaps a slightly longer focal length on the lens.
You might also consider putting a little of that same material that you have on the roof to reflect a little extra light onto your panel.
Having said that the colour grading tools in Resolve could balance the light levels on the panel and those of the exterior beautifully
Can I also suggest you try some of the sound tools to help the cuts. You have the sound there, it’s not a bad idea to use it to help the visual edit.
You Tube have some great colour correction and grading tutorials for Resolve. If you find you have time on your hands.
To me editing is one of the only things that beats flying

France

I’m trying different camera positions. The best day was lost as I intended switching on in the air, but didn’t succeed.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message