Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying videos thread

Second video with DaVinci. I didn’t move the camera as weather was too good to risk missing,

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Love watching these youtube videos. I can spend an evening flying on the couch. It has inspired me to make my own productions such as this one, flying with my youngest daughter to Ameland (EHAL).

Last Edited by Bobo at 06 Apr 07:50
EHTE, Netherlands

Beautiful fresh snow.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

You are definitely getting the hang of this video editing stuff

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not sure if visible, but I created a little video of the “Passenger view” from yesterday morning’s early flight. I actually hate getting up early, being a night owl according to some recent Oxford sleep study.

But here’s the result…

https://www.facebook.com/flypilotrobbie/videos/686021165850370/

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

If I may say, Rob, you should not use FB for this, because

• the quality is crap
  • most sensible people avoid FB like the plague (I use it only to promote EuroGA and to swap non-PC jokes with old friends)
  • FB collects loads of data, sells it, people viewing the video then get loads of other stuff presented to them all over on the internet
  • you are then led to clickbait; in this case your video is immediately followed by this one

Use Vimeo and give them the $50 a year to suppress adverts.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

If I may say, Rob, you should not use FB for this, because

the quality is crap
most sensible people avoid FB like the plague (I use it only to promote EuroGA and to swap non-PC jokes with old friends)
FB collects loads of data, sells it, people viewing the video then get loads of other stuff presented to them all over on the internet
you are then led to clickbait; in this case your video is immediately followed by this one

It’s not very often that I use FB for this. It’s just a means to showcase my vlogs with another social media domain. My YouTube videos seem to now become self sufficient with YouTube itself, so no longer need to share them about. Besides FB/EuorGA was harming it’s performance as people only watch for 2 minutes and get bored.

I did manage to get 4K on my Facebook video though? But yes quality is not as great as YouTube. I may consider Vimeo for the timelapse stuff, as it’s better quality and I’ll stay away from my mainstream content.

Did you report the advert as being irrelevant to the video shown?

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 22 Apr 09:29
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Did you report the advert as being irrelevant to the video shown?

No, because I don’t watch FB videos.

I watch YT videos but, being a boy, only if it is something about shaped charges, anti tank missiles, etc

Generally, for flying videos, this sums it up.

I see stats on my Vimeo channel and the only videos majority-watched whole are the short ones; below 5 mins. You have to accept this. If you want to get lots of followers you won’t do it by flying videos for intelligent aviation viewers so they need to be somehow silly or outrageous. To make money requires creating a vast following which is done with various well known formulae…

Administrator

Peter wrote:

To make money requires creating a vast following which is done with various well known formulae…

Im sure you would get at least a million clicks for a dodgy video of you wing walking from your TB20 in flight to fix a made up in-flight control issue, hanging onto the tail and then skydiving and parachuting to safety while watching it spiral in and crash from above….

Hell, I may even forward the vid link to a friend or two…

Regards, SD..

PS: Oh, and dont forget the fire extinguisher!!

Last Edited by skydriller at 23 Apr 10:38

Tried mounting the old GoPro backwards using the wing mount for my departure from ENZV yesterday. I think it was an interesting perspective, though it gradually moved over time with the airflow. I got as far as halfway across the sea to Denmark before it ran out of battery. Full trip report to come!

EHRD, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message