Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

I’m afraid not. The UK Side is totally automatic, but the Manx for is not.

The reason for this is that it’s a digital declaration and it’s slightly presumptuous of us to try and automate this without their full approval. The Jersey one is even more obvious – tickboxes to “sign it” and to declare you are carrying no dodgy goods.

This is just an interim step – save you a bit of time in filling the form in. Hopefully in the future, we can have a direct digital connection to them, and it will all be automatic.

I’ll edit the text on the screen to clarify this a bit.

EGKL, United Kingdom

Carl,
Could you put an “E mail to” button with the IOM Gar Form so I can e mail the form to IOM SB simply and easily until it becomes automatic?

EGNS/Garey Airstrip, Isle of Man

Technically, not difficult, but i’m concerned about doing this. We’ve already had a bunch of problems with people receiving their registration emails (approx 3% of user base so far) – emails just going missing entirely. At least when you email it youself, it’s more likely to get through and if there’s any problem send you a ‘bounce’ email.

I think we’ll launch with allowing you to download, and then email yourself. As I said it’s only an interim, and we’re really keen to engage the IoM/CI authorities. John’s made some contact with them, so we’ll see what comes out in the wash.

EGKL, United Kingdom

I just had an idea actually…. how about a “mail to self” option…. this way you could check it, and if it’s all good simply forward it on.

if that’s popular i’ll do it.

EGKL, United Kingdom

Sounds good to me. By the way, I found the area to set up my Airstrip. Worked well. Good luck with the launch, what you are developing is good and integrated with Sky Demon and especially RR it will be invaluable. Especially RR, most of the IOM based pilots use RR as they invariably fly IFR to and from IOM.

EGNS/Garey Airstrip, Isle of Man

This is awesome. After a terrible experience last year, met at landing and told off for no GAR when I has filed one with the GAR iPhone app, I appreciate the efforts for a new user friendly app.

Jason

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

Hi Jason,

A key feature here is the logging and auditable nature – if you are ever challenged you will be able to log in, see the receipt, and tell the border force officer the receipt number. Bullet proof.

-C

EGKL, United Kingdom

New feature – now available as requested. Forms for IoM and Jersey can be “emailed to self”

EGKL, United Kingdom

Before launch can GAR forms be emailed? Ie could I use it to prepare a GAR to send traditionally. This would encourage me to use it now vs waiting until I can actually file with it.

EGTK Oxford

Yep, I don’t see why not.

Fill in the GAR, submit it, and then you’ll get the link to download the Excel GAR form. You can then click to email it to yourself instead of downloading, and forward it on.

Please note that you will need to fill in a couple of “optional” fields which are:

- On the GAR – Reason for Travel
- On the Person – Place of Birth

These two fields aren’t needed on the digital submission but are on the “paper” form.

EGKL, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message