Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

I’ll add another Caveat – I take no responsibility for errors or bugs – CHECK IT CAREFULLY!! :)

Ten days to launch, still lots of testing to go on. Total code freeze in 3 days after which we go into intensive testing mode.

EGKL, United Kingdom

Thanks.

EGTK Oxford

I just spotted one issue….

If you generate a UK XLS file and plan to use it for real, you must delete a line of text that appears right at the bottom of the form. It says something like:

This was confirmed as received on the UKBF CBP system with Outbound Receipt xxxxxx

This is obviously not true – and the reference on here will be from their UAT (Testing) system. This will confuse them immensely because it’s a real looking reference, but not real.

Problem is …. this cell on Excel is locked so i’m not sure you can delete it. UKBF have applied excel locks to certain cells, and password protected it, so unless you are proficient with an Excel password cracker, you can’t proceed just yet.

So in Summary : i’d hold off using this for real for now. We’re live in 9 days anyway.

EGKL, United Kingdom

Thanks for doing the IOM forms, I have reason to go to the UK this week (so long as I can get hold of the person at the other end!) so I can have a look at the generated PDFs for IOM for real.

Andreas IOM

I’ve just released a new design. I think it’s cleaner and more modern, but I would really like to hear feedback.

I’m particularly interested in how it works on mobile and tablet devices.

Any feedback is welcome – including fussy stuff. This is the last couple of days to get it sorted.

Cheers,
-C

EGKL, United Kingdom

Is this new design on SD
Rob

A bit. But it’s mostly on the standalone version where it’s all about the page layout and the menus.
The SD just sees slightly changed spacing and a different title colour.

EGKL, United Kingdom

One thing I note on the IOM PDF downloadable form is the field “Owner/Operator (not pilot)” is auto-filled with the pilot’s name, and it’s often the case that the legal entity that is the owner of the aircraft is different to the pilot even with an individually owned aircraft (and of course with syndicates, rental aircraft etc). It would be useful to have an owner/operator field in the Aircraft form too.

Andreas IOM

alioth….

I’ve just investigated and we’ve found that the current OnlineGAR form is misleading. The Owner/Operator/Hirer field will be renamed to Owner/Operator (not pilot) to match. It’s the same data wanted in both places. The UKBF say it should be “who can we contact about the AC on the ground”. I will also move the field to the aircraft table rather than being on the GAR itself. One less field to worry about on there!

I’ve produced a diagram which i think will be helpful in clarifying where the form goes.

EGKL, United Kingdom

We are now live. A few hours ahead of original schedule, all tests are complete and we’ve been given the green light to go live.

So…. feel free to use it!

EGKL, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message