Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Some pictures from the EAA fly-in at Oppdal (ENOP) yesterday. I and my son flew there with the Army Cub. Lots of planes, everything flying from old Pipers to fancy experimental canards to a couple of F-16s. Should have stayed there in the evening as well, but my bad planning ordered me to the Marina instead.

While there, they had arranged a flying trip in the mountains. We were about 15 planes taking that trip, my son took pictures from the back of the Cub with his phone (which shows how it is, but doesn’t nearly come close to the real thing, or a real camera). The route itself was amazing. If you ever go to Norway you just have to take it. It’s between mountain peeks and valleys. The peeks are 6000+ feets and goes straight down into the valleys and fjords at zero alt. I have been there a lot before towing gliders, but I have never taken that route. The route is about 60 NM, and you decide the flying alt yourself based on how your stomach feels about it (lower is more spectacular)

Here is the route:

Here are some random pictures from the route:

He also took some videos. In these pictures you see the Innerdalshorn (the tooth like peek extending from the flat plateau). This is a very popular hiking trip, you can walk all the way up to the peek. (I would never do it ) The videos are automatically stabilized by youtube, pretty bumpy up there as well.

Me, flying a Cub would of course be passed by the others. Here is the difference between cruise speed of an MCR and the Cub

Almost forgot. This is a Pipistrel with a jet engine. If he cut the Rotax and feather the propeller he can just keep the plane flying with only this RC jet engine. The noise is spectacular though

Last Edited by LeSving at 21 Aug 12:49
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I’ve been in the mountains with an ex-Army cub (L18C) as well yesterday (the Vosges as usual):

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 21 Aug 14:07

Nice, looks like we had the same weather

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Mont Blanc from FL160

Last rays of the sun

Moon rising shortly before landing at Stuttgart EDDS. Picture taken with iPhone 6 from FL100

Frequent travels around Europe

Sydney Harbour scenic 1 from 1500ft

Victor 1 down coast of Sydney at 500ft

EGTK Oxford
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Some pictures taken by my passenger on a recent trip from Salzburg (LOWS) to Portoroz (LJPZ) and back. After all the rain and thunderstorms in this summer, it happened to be a really perfect day.

Last Edited by blueline at 01 Sep 17:21
LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Super, and rare, to catch mountains after some frontal wx cleaned up the air

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The “mystery runway” near the old LEC refrigeration factory near Goodwood – disused since IIRC the owner or his son got killed flying. Such a waste of ~600m tarmac, plus the remains of a building which could be a hangar.

If I understood correctly, a poster on another site says somebody is repainting the runway markings. Might be time for another aerial photo reconnaissance mission.

SHORT FIELD LANDING !!!

AT LFEY YESTERDAY!

Sign in to add your message