Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Make sense: very noise sensitive at night, for IFR departures, I doubt it’s possible? it seems to me Courcheval LFLJ is “REAL VFR only” (with other 10 airports in France), it has official weather by AFIS, may require special weather briefing for Z-FPL operations and only VFR departures are allowed in CFMU/IFPS

All French airports are IFR airports anyway and would allow IFR takeoff without IFR procedure, you file I-FPL, get an IFR startup on ground to open it, the weather is PIC interpreted, depart with 1.5km visibility & clear of clouds takeoff under IFR, then transit IMC at any height you wish as long as you can clear any obstacles on the visual departure

Not that I am willing to try but Meribel LFKX nearby is “IFR airport” and should allow IFR departures, AD WX minima: 1.5km visibility & clear of clouds on takeoff, then straight into IMC

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Feb 14:07
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Well yes, it might be technically or legally a limitation, but I heard instructors at Courchevel talking about it. There are no obstacles in the way after rotation to climb out to the airways, so you could theoretically depart into IMC right after departure. An RNP approach into Courchevel would be another thing as there is no possibility of a missed approach.

EDLE, Netherlands

Yes no obvious limitation why LFLJ can’t get connected on DCT on climb to Airways on departure…the other 9 VFR airports seems to have good story why one has to fly “VFR for a while before asking to join” (e.g. VFR TWR ATC, max IFR DCT = 0nm in Paris, restricted areas…)

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Feb 14:30
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

RAF Odiham

Right base Shoreham 20

Duxford

Stansted transit, Airbus on short final. Excellent service from Essex Radar

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice pictures and flying weather @Peter

EDLE, Netherlands

Pic of the day… South of LFAT. And yes, the moules/frites were excellent

The ramp, cleared of the stupid cars… say no more

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

A few from just this week…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

pics of the day. Yes, no more stupid mountains, you guys said enough is enough…

The island of Mellum, East of Wangerooge. The Wadden Sea and its islands are always worth a visit. Very hazy today, but I loved the smooth flight and walking the beach in the fresh air and sea spray, lovely

Thanks for combing the beach

This is what I call formation flying… wild geese plenty

And the EDWG cute terminal

Last Edited by Dan at 02 Mar 20:20
Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Nice Dan! So now we finally know what these KC135 tankers are doing all day. Send us a pic of you hooking up to one please.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Had a go at it aart, unfortunately they told me having only JP-8 on the offering, and that my current charge card was not acceptable to the USAF

Last Edited by Dan at 03 Mar 06:47
Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message