Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin Pilot (merged)

Actually with the latest version 10.7 Garmin catched up with ForeFlight and Skydemon by adding support for GDL90 compatible devices. So now it can receive weather and traffic from ADL devices or in the US Stratux or Stratus 3.

For ADL owners the new manual on how to use this feature in Garmin Pilot is here:
https://golze.tech/interconnect_pilot.jsp

Thanks Garmin Pilot developers :-)

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Thanks for that tip Sebastian.
I’ll take a look at that soon.

United Kingdom

With a hefty subscription hike for ForeFlight, I wonder if Garmin Pilot would make the pilots take another look at it.
Their pricing is quite attractive and there are opinions suggesting that it is a rather good product albeit a bit clunky in terms of UI. Foreflight packs a lot of features but it takes a lot of time to learn.

EDMB, Germany

Can anyone find the pricing for bundling it with Jepp IFR charts in Europe? Currently have that with FF (Northern Europe) and it works great, just interested to compare prices.

Unfortunately Skydemon is so good that I find Garmin Pilot less so. Therefore I use it slightly less and am thus less fluid with it.
However it is comprehensive for IFR and reliably works with my panel.
I have filed and flown IFR with it, on Ipad, without referring to any other device/source.

United Kingdom

martin-esmi wrote:

Can anyone find the pricing for bundling it with Jepp IFR charts in Europe?

You need a separate subscription from Jeppesen. If you have the charts from your avionics subscription they come for free – but if not, firelight is almost always way cheaper due to their low prices on Jeppesen charts.

Germany

Malibuflyer wrote:

You need a separate subscription from Jeppesen. If you have the charts from your avionics subscription they come for free – but if not, firelight is almost always way cheaper due to their low prices on Jeppesen charts.

Thanks, that’s what I imagined also but good to get it confirmed.

We’ve had many threads on Jepp pricing and packages

Basically since for ever it was always €2k or so for the four-device subscription, for “political Europe” – basically what normal people call Europe. IIRC it included Russia up to the Urals, though that has now been terminated

Then about 10 years ago Jepp brought out a ~€900 package, single device only.

The pricing never changed much no matter how you shake it. I think in some cases you could get two devices for the money if one was an Ipad and one a panel mount device, but I am not at all sure. Again, various threads. Jepp never did any Android product licensing; they told me this is because they are too easy to bootleg, which is why the Android version of Garmin Pilot has no Jepp option.

It’s expensive…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Then about 10 years ago Jepp brought out a ~€900 package, single device only.

The pricing never changed much no matter how you shake it

It actually did – Jeppesen Charts for forelight all Europe IFR and VFR are “only” 522 EUR – so just half of the price of the respective subscription to use with Garmin Pilot.

Germany

Do you have a coverage map for that €522?

How many devices can that be on?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message