Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Going from France to LESL and LESB - COVID procedures questions

This is a question especially to the Spanish guys. We plan to go from France to Menorca and Mallorca. Our destination will be LESL and for refueling before going home LESB. I checked the Notams and the regulations regarinding COVID. So I do know that we have to announce our flight via the Web to get the QR code and I do know, that we have to do the PCR test 72 hr maximum before. But what is not clear is:

Are there special regulations if we arrive directly on a small airfield like LESL or LESB? How and who will check us upon arrival? Or is it just come and be prepared to be checked when checking in the hotel?

Second: does somebody know if BP self service for Avgas is actually working at LESB?

Thanks for your advices.

EDDS , Germany

We did it two weeks ago. Nobody cared when we entered Spain in LEZL. However, our test results were checked superficially in GCXO (Tenerife) where we flew from LEZL. Note that Spanish regulations require your passport number stated in the test result. Quite some phone calls were necessary to have the lab do this.

We stopped in France with the same PCR test on the way to Spain. Have you considered southern France for the fuel stop? Perpignan is now very convenient. You can pay the fuel with a Carte Total and for the landing fees there is an online process. You don’t have to leave air side anymore.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Hello Peter,

In case you don’t know, the newly available Spanish VFR Guide by Enaire is pretty good: https://guiavfr.enaire.es/#AD/LESB

LESB contact details on AIP:
+34971449861
[email protected]
LEPA ARO office (for FPLs): +34971789286

I just gave the LESB AIP number a ring and someone picks up but I can’t hear anything. Pretty weird…

UPDATE: After calling the FPL ARO office from LEPA they gave me the following number, which does actually work (the number in the AIP is for security only for some weird reason, and they don’t pick up)!
LESB Operations +34971449881

Covid operations: You need to send an email to the address above ([email protected]) and give them your flight details (I assume, registration, origin, day of flight, aircraft, POB etc.). They will then send you another form that you need to fill in and send to the Health System of the Balearic Region (Conselleria de Salud). You will obtain a QR code which is what you need to enter the country. All can be done by email before departing from France. The lady also said she “believed” crews to be exempt, but didn’t elaborate much on that. I would not rely on that.

Regarding fuel, Operations then gave me the number for the fuel company: +34639300697
I gave them a ring for you because these people don’t usually speak English. The fuel service is not automatic, a fuel truck will drive to the airplane. Payment can be done by card.
The hours of operation of the fuel service are the following:
Until the 31st of March: Only from 0900h to 1340h (probably local time, though I forgot to confirm)
From the 1st of April until the 30th of June: 1000h to 1400h in the morning, and then 1700h to 1900h in the afternoon.

Hope it helps!

Last Edited by Alpha_Floor at 22 Mar 10:21
EDDW, Germany

I’m pretty sure that policemen will greet you at LESL, and check your PCR test.
Regarding LESB, theoretically they should not check you for anything COVID-related, because you come from an airport in Spain. And if it is just a refuel stop you’ll remain air-side and in that case they are not interested in PCR results anyway. I know because a few weeks back I came out to say hello to some who did just that.
There is a loo air side.. Let me know when you are there, I may hop over to say hi! And I know the people there, may come in handy

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

In Spain there are no COVID restrictions for pilots. It is however hidden in an obscure AESA internal procedure, so some officials don’t know for sure: but as usual in those cases, if you state that is the case in unmistakable terms they will believe you. I have a screenshot but if I post it here then I have to kill you. I am sending pilots out of Spain and back on a weekly basis and it always worked, I have not tried at LESL, but at LEMH it worked.

For non-pilots other than the Spanish restrictions (typically PCR test) you have the Balearic Islands restrictions, but those do not apply in inter-islands flights or, this time clearly published, flight crews. You have to complete the online (or paper) questionnaire and get your QR code. If flying from France to LESL then expect the Guardia Civil to greet you and ask for your fresh test and QR code(as well as ID, pilots license, reg+CofA, proof of insurance…Menorca is a quiet place, they don’t have much else to do) , if flying LESL to LESB it is unrestricted like all inter-island flights.

If leaving airside at LESB then make sure to talk to security so they facilitate your subsequent return. Ground side airfield restaurant quite reasonable.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Fuel times above are LT

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Sanitary forms to be completed to obtain QR code:

Spain online form

Balearics online form

The latter is not required if traveling from abroad and you have completed the former.

Last Edited by Antonio at 22 Mar 23:00
Antonio
LESB, Spain

If leaving airside at LESB then make sure to talk to security so they facilitate your subsequent return. Ground side airfield restaurant quite reasonable.

I don’t think you will be able to go off air-side without a valid PCR certificate. But maybe Peter will have such a certificate, done in Menorca for his return trip?

Edit: but maybe you are right Antonio that it would be possible because they come from a inter-island airport.. What I do know is that they did not let a pilot friend go off air-side a few weeks ago. He did not have a PCR certificate and came from an EU country for the day and just needed refueling.

Last Edited by aart at 23 Mar 07:22
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Thanks to all off you, the advices are very helpful!

@aart We will let you know when we will arrive. At the moment we do prepare to got to France first, to do some renovations there and then we will prepare for the trip to Spain.

Over all we will have to check until end of next week how the regulations in Germany will develop regarding our trip back. At the moment they discuss that coming back, doesn‘t matter where from, you need this PCR test. This means we have to find out where it could be done on Menorca before departure. Hopefully they will not apply this and leave it as it is at the moment, to not increase the hassle.

EDDS , Germany

aart wrote:

maybe you are right Antonio that it would be possible because they come from a inter-island airport..

Yes that is exactly the case: not allowed from outside Balearic islands, (Spain or not) without PCR, but unrestricted for pilots.

In this case they will be coming from Menorca, so pax and pilots unrestricted at LESB.

Antonio
LESB, Spain
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message