Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

C210_Flyer wrote:

So is the continued lockdown necessary at this point or is it just to save political face?

Are you just being deliberately wacky to promote debate or do you truly believe the stuff you write?

EGTK Oxford

C210_Flyer wrote:

Are you kidding me? That could not even be considered a study a Jr Hight school student could produce and pass.

As @kwlf is a doctor I am inclined to listen to him. Are you a medical doctor?

EGTK Oxford

The Physicians in NY hospitals are taking prophylactic doses of plaquenil 200mg (HCQ)

CDC recommendations of use 400 mg BID then 400 qd (once a day) for 5 days. Also 400 mg BID then 200 qd for 4 days.

But it is not a stand alone drug treatment it needs to be used in combination with Z PAK and Zn.

Just like HIV which became politicized so too this treatment has become politicized.

Everyone is now turning to Remdesivir which is new and:

https://www.rxlist.com/consumer_remdesivir_rdv/drugs-condition.htm
https://www.medicinenet.com/remdesivir_rdv_ebola_covid-19_coronavirus_trial/article.htm#does_remdesivir_rdv_appear_to_be_effective_against_covid-19_based_on_the_limited_evidence_available

KHTO, LHTL

JasonC wrote:

Are you just being deliberately wacky to promote debate or do you truly believe the stuff you write?

What was the point of the lockdown?

KHTO, LHTL

JasonC wrote:

Are you just being deliberately wacky

Is it really that wacky to question if we need the same level of lockdown as we presently have? We’re going to have to start lifting it at some point.

Ive had medical training specialty in rehabilitation but have not practiced medicine. With that said I still stand by my statement that the VA “study” is garbage.

Regarding Medical Degree there has always been a debate within the community of physicians when new treatments are introduced. That is a good thing. What is bad is when the orthodox community tries to alienate and coerce someone with a new technique or treatment into conforming to existing dogma. Its called stifling innovation. Ex Pasteur Semmelweis Morton all initially met with skepticism.

KHTO, LHTL

Off_Field wrote:

Is it really that wacky to question if we need the same level of lockdown as we presently have? We’re going to have to start lifting it at some point.

Not at all and I join that call. The economy needs to be opened. But the way he did it is wacky. That is my concern. The alt-right US approach is just not based on anything but their supposed rights. Seemingly uncaring about others.

EGTK Oxford

C210_Flyer wrote:

Ive had medical training specialty in rehabilitation but have not practiced medicine. With that said I still stand by my statement that the VA “study” is garbage.

That is helpful thanks. So you aren’t a doctor.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

The alt-right US approach is just not based on anything but their supposed rights.

Now who is being wacky? As I understand it the alt-right is pretty unpleasant white supremacy sort of stuff. Are you claiming anyone who is protesting about constitutional rights is alt-right? Surely they would be happier taking peoples rights away?

It seems to me we’ve got to have some sort of strategy to come out this and a lot should be dictated by what actually happens with the case trend. One would think that taking the social distancing steps and people hopefully being more aware will help to keep the transmission risk low whilst allowing people a bit more ability to get outside. Then again as has been pointed out, some people won’t listen and won’t care, but this is already the case.

Off_Field wrote:

It seems to me we’ve got to have some sort of strategy to come out this and a lot should be dictated by what actually happens with the case trend. One would think that taking the social distancing steps and people hopefully being more aware will help to keep the transmission risk low whilst allowing people a bit more ability to get outside. Then again as has been pointed out, some people won’t listen and won’t care, but this is already the case.

Of course. This is not about the small number of idiots. I completely agree a strategy to get out of this is critical. But we need to avoid the stupid conspiracy theorists.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message