Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

C210_Flyer wrote:

Ive had medical training specialty in rehabilitation but have not practiced medicine. With that said I still stand by my statement that the VA “study” is garbage.

I don’t mind being challenged by anybody whether they have studied medicine or not. There is a deluge of guidance and news and study preprints about COVID at the moment and few have both the time and ability to read them all comprehensively – sadly not me.

I believe there are about 80 trials worldwide looking at Hydroxychloroquine. Most of them are still ongoing. I’m more than happy to admit that sooner or later we may find a combination of hydroxychloroquine and other drugs, that when used in a certain way is effective as treatment or prophylaxis for COVID. However until such a combination is found and proven, it is just speculation that such a combination might exist.

No study is perfect and I agree there are limitations to the studies I referenced. However personally I felt they were better designed than the early studies showing great promise for hydroxychloroquine.

I stand by what I said previously:

If there is harm from Hydroxychloroquine it is probably as much from people having put too much faith in it, as much as any direct toxic effect.

Ditto for Remdesivir. And don’t doubt me: I would be more delighted than anybody else on the forum if we find something that is effective in treating it.

Last Edited by kwlf at 03 May 21:05

C210_Flyer wrote:

So you guys have No Go zones in the UK?

No. The UK has “can’t be bothered to go” zones.

Andreas IOM

I would hesitate to call it laziness. They are grossly understaffed and over-paperworked. In rural places they can be exceedingly thin on the ground.

Too busy investigating people who “hate” other people, who alarm and distress other people, who offend the gay lesbian and transgender community, and who generally do not have the correct thinking.

Egnm, United Kingdom

That’s one thing I don’t get when they claim to be understaffed, over paperworked. How can they then choose to go after people for wrongthink.

It’s a bit like the releasing of dangerous prisoners due to coronavirus concerns, then arresting people for going for a walk or getting food

C210_Flyer wrote:

So you guys have No Go zones in the UK?

Absolutely, yes. Typically areas that are inhabited by certain ethnic / religious minorities that must not be upset. Not that the coppers don’t want to go there – their political masters don’t let them.

Last Edited by 172driver at 03 May 23:04

How can they then choose to go after people for wrongthink.

Is that really what they spend the bulk of their time doing? And when minorities are subject to hate speech or crime would we not wish them to show an interest?

My epiphany came when I was going on a home visit as a student and the psychiatric nurse I was with got a call to say the patient we were about to see had a contract out on his/her life and we might be at risk if we continued with a home visit. Somebody was working hard not only to protect the patient but also to identify and protect everyone in contact with him/her. I was impressed.

Previously I had been grumbling about them failing to deal with the thief of my bicycle or recover any of my camping gear that he had stolen (I did my own detective work as my bike was distinctive). But I had to admit that they had their priorities right on this occasion. As the cuts bite, my perception is that they keep dealing with the stuff that is an urgent threat to life or limb but other issues such as property crime gets relatively neglected. Kind of the way the NHS is generally great if you are run over by a bus, but less great if you need cataract surgery or a new hip.

Last Edited by kwlf at 03 May 23:25

Sometimes I wonder whether I’m still allowed to hate my ex wife.

Egnm, United Kingdom

kwlf wrote:

And when minorities are subject to hate speech or crime would we not wish them to show an interest?

Surely they should show an interest regardless of status. I’d like justice to be blind. Remember to be recorded as a crime non-crime for hate speech all you have to do is be reported by someone who is offended by something you say (even on behalf of someone else) Harry Miller’s case was quite insightful.

They have refused to release the grooming gang report which from what we know clearly involved total failure of the police at a number of levels.

I’ve not been following the daily data closely, but as it appears the numbers have been dropping, when do you think we’ll see a lifting of restrictions? I’m pretty keen to go flying.

Silvaire wrote:

I am anyway glad to have just landed after a nice flight, and will now eat lunch with my wife in my furnished hangar. Good to have a nice T-hangar that I’ve made ours over 14 years, and not be forced into hypochondriac group stupidity to the detriment of all.

You and I are fortunate to live in countries that have not restricted GA flying. But I think we should not be gloating about it.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message