Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Original Paint Schemes & Interiors

I’d paint it in a neutral base color (white, grey, silver) and then get a vinyl decal shop to apply the styling of choice.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

then get a vinyl decal shop to apply the styling of choice

That is not so easy to do away with at the time of a subsequent sale unless it happens within a year: unavoidably the mark of time will be different under the vynil vs the rest of the paint, less so if hangared

Antonio
LESB, Spain

It seems to work well with cars?! Austrian police cars are all leased VW with removable stickers and the cars are returned and sold again.

Is aircraft paint different?

Last Edited by Snoopy at 23 Jun 22:07
always learning
LO__, Austria

I’m curious as to why over-60s don’t like mermaids?

It was tongue in cheek – about the nude ones being offensive to certain “more traditional” people

Exactly why when you are selling a house you paint it all white (magnolia in the UK ).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There is also the point to take on board that by doing a bare metal job, or by doing a flat and paint that you can have pig’s ear made of the aeroplane. Lots of places did bare metal paint jobs over the years, didn’t wash the paint stripper off fully and left corrosion coming out a few years later. This could happen on an expensive paint job too. Some of the flat and paint jobs avoided this but can look dull and orange peely.

Our new project is 1986 original Cessna polyurethane paint. I will take to it very carefully with 2000 wet sandpaper where required and 3M Fast Cut Plus. Things that can be made good through restoration like plastic glass will be restored, things that are beaten like the headliner will be replaced with a new version of the original. I don’t need to make a statement of personal expression through the choice of colors, you can make that through the presentation of the aeroplane.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Vintage is nice but I decided to sleek it up a bit and went from this:

To this without stripping the whole airframe..

Last Edited by Vref at 24 Jun 07:50
EBST

The previous owner of my Europa went from this (I don’t know what they’ve smoked while creating the design)

to this (a bit more discreet)…

In bright sunshine one can under certain conditions still see the “stars” on the painting

EDLE

europaxs wrote:

(I don’t know what they’ve smoked while creating the design)

You think that’s bad?! Try this!

What kind of person things this is going to look great?

Last Edited by dublinpilot at 24 Jun 10:29
EIWT Weston, Ireland

dublinpilot wrote:

You think that’s bad?! Try this!

Now, try THIS:

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

What about this:

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message