Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna C172 long term rental

Hello all,

Anyone know a company that would be willing to rent a Cessna C172 for long term (~6 months)?

Thank you.

P.S. If the topic is not in the correct place, please feel free to move it

Portugal

There’s an important element missing in your post. WHERE do you want to do this ?

172driver wrote:

There’s an important element missing in your post. WHERE do you want to do this ?

Upsss Forgot to mention

Portugal and Spain mostly (Europe)

Portugal

Did you check with somebody firm in aviation, registration issues and insurance law?

Is it even possible to officially ‘rent’ out for such long time without change of ownership?

Germany

MichaLSA wrote:

Is it even possible to officially ‘rent’ out for such long time without change of ownership?

It certainly is. You may prefer to call it dry leasing. My club has rented/dry leased a particular aircraft for decades. But it is true that we are registered as the operator with the Swedish CAA, which is a requirement. I’m not certain if this is due to national or EASA regulations.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 15 Dec 21:22
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Depending on what you’re intending to do, I would ask around some airfield in Portugal and southern Spain. Prob90 this will come down to some sort of private arrangement. I’d suggest visiting places like Cascais (and others in Portugal), La Juliana, La Axarquia, Cordoba and perhaps Jerez and Granada (not sure there’s still any small GA at LEGR, though). Talk to the local pilots and aeroclubs and you may well find something. Good luck!

6 Posts
Sign in to add your message