Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mavis today (Bloomer R.I.P.)

Yes; I saw that. Illness. Very sad.

Malcolm Edgecombe, well known around Shoreham although for some reason we never got around to meeting.

That photobucket album was deleted a long time ago.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I sure enjoyed this Luscombe related interaction with Bloomer, still remember it, and understand he has recently taken his final flight. Godspeed.

alioth wrote:

an insurance excess is how much is not covered by insurance (known as a deductible in the US)

OK, got it !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

No, an insurance excess is how much is not covered by insurance (known as a deductible in the US). Basically, if you crash it, the first £1000 worth of damage you have to pay for and the remaining damage is paid for by insurance.

Andreas IOM

Bloomer wrote:

Share price: – £1,850
Availability: – Good
Restrictions: – No hour builders
Other: – Insurance excess is £1,000 until you have 25 hours on TYPE then it is £500.

Hmmm … so what don’t I get ? Is the “share” is a 1/10th or 1/20th or ???

Based on above, does that mean the total insurance is well in excess of £5,000 annual ???

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Lovely looking aircraft, do you have the W&B details etc?

Looks like a nice plane. Luscombes are appealing in the way they’re a bit sexy, combined with being very inexpensive…

I recently had a kid contact me who is interning at a friend’s business and away from home. He’s obviously nuts about Luscombes and has his own 8E like this one at home in Idaho. His is polished all over, with blue stripes since it started life an 8A, and no electrical system to keep it light. Luscombes remain analogous to US hot rod cars (think ‘32 Ford roadster) in the eyes of a few kids (young and old), and it’s nice to see. They’re also cheaper to buy in 2015 than those cars!

I’m sure whoever buys the share will have fun. I’d check the useful load on this one, given the panel installed, but 8Es have a gross weight which makes it work out better.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 02 Jul 16:15

This is very tempting, considering I live in South East London and fly at the Tiger Club!

London Area

What a gorgeous aircraft…if only I lived in Kent!

Andreas IOM

Luscombe 8E share for sale

Aircraft: – Luscombe 8E Silvaire
Based: – Old Hay – Kent
Monthlies: – £50pm
Rate: – £46ph wet
Share price: – £1,850
Availability: – Good
Restrictions: – No hour builders
Other: – Insurance excess is £1,000 until you have 25 hours on TYPE then it is £500.
Contact: – Private message me in the first instance and we can go from there.

Forget about what the grapevine says about the Luscombe being a handful to fly. She is not. Quite the opposite, she is a joy and I will be sad to say toodle doo to her.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message