Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aircraft personality quiz

Good fun quiz I thought

I got PC-12 .. which was what I often think about …. speed, payload, range and operates from short grass strips

My wife got .. Bonanza .. 100% spot on .. and 10 years on she still has not forgiven me for selling it !

Silvaire wrote:

My automotive analogy

Forget the Porsche, I just love the Avanti, especially the R3

quatrelle wrote:

I just love the Avanti, especially the R3

I’ve always thought the Porsche/Mooney comparison that’s common in the US press comes from the aviation writers knowing little about cars. My Avanti analogy comes both having ‘forward focused’ design done at a similar time, slightly unusual and not dissimilar lines, 2+2 seating, designed and built in the US rural midwest, smaller size than its contemporaries, good straight line performance with fair but not exemplary cornering, and very long period of production.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 07 Nov 20:28

RobertL18C wrote:

isn’t it the case the seating position in a Mooney is quite Porsche like? Cue Janis Joplin :)

Indeed that is one similarity, also I wonder what cinema & rock stars would have picked as piston aircrafts? assuming they got +3500$ budgets !

I am sure automotive fans would buy this one and taxi it around, but I don’t see many pilot attracted to that engine
https://www.motor1.com/news/431982/mooney-porsche-plane-for-sale/

Last Edited by Ibra at 07 Nov 21:40
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I got a Piper Meridian, which indeed is a plane I’d like to own or at least fly, preferably a turbine version.
Sadly, even the piston powered one are way too expensive for me.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

I’m a Mooney, which is pretty accurate

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

I’m Baron which is kind of close to DA42. What should I do to get TBM?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Beech 18. Perfect! :)

FI, ATPL TKI and aviation writer
ENKJ, ENRK, Norway
67 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one