Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sucker born every minute - stepping up to an old turbine.

Congratulations! Now for the next photos we expect to see pictures of your cabin occupied by (extravagantly beautiful) passengers!

Tököl LHTL

WhiskeyPapa wrote:

pictures of your cabin occupied by (extravagantly beautiful) passengers!

That’s pretty easy to arrange here in L.A. Now, about the 70 grand………

Maybe one of them would loan it to him?

Tököl LHTL

I can offer a pack of Aspirin…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I’ll buy the aircraft for $70,000, if that helps…

Biggin Hill

Found this article which is very positive on the type.

http://twinandturbine.com/article/the-twin-commander-turboprops/

Once you have finished your shake down cruise trips Adam, please post on real life performance.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Got my custom inlet and exhaust plugs from Bruce’s yesterday, and they look great! Can’t wait to put them on and get rid of the old nasty stuff.

And my sweet little 5 month old boy went for his first ride. It was a very short ride due to bumps, but he didn’t mind – he was fast asleep before the bleeding wheels left the ground! I hope we can go on more and longer trips next year.

No new squawks except for it seems like both the SPR’s (Start Pressure Regulators) are leaking a little bit of fuel through the vent. Thought it’d go away as I flew her more regularly, but it’s not happened. Will have them sent off for overhaul.

My mechanic also managed to snatch a set of brand new winglets with he STC paperwork from an estate sale for less than half the factory price. They are useless from a performance standpoint, but they make the wings look a little more modern.

Will try to put them on after all the avionics stuff is finished with.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 11 Dec 14:04

Lovely Stuff Adam!

Keep those pics and stories coming. One day, you should write a book about your journey from the first Commander to this one. I think it would sell in our circles :)

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

LOVE the pic of boy and plane – pride and joy !

Sign in to add your message