Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sucker born every minute - stepping up to an old turbine.

Just finished a return trip to Napa day before yesterday and yesterday. Slow as molasses going up with a 50kts headwind at 16000ft. I was seeing 185-190kts GS. Going back yesterday I was seeing 260-270kts GS at 17000ft – much better! Coming back there was some bad weather and I even encountered some very light icing climbing up through the clouds. Popped out on top around 14000ft. Been awhile since I was in real IMC, but nice to see I didn’t drop out of the clouds inverted! The Anti-Ice on these heats the engine inlet and the fuel vents and they should be on whenever you encounter “visible moisture”.

I have no way of knowing the TAS as my instrumentation is lacking, but a rough E6B calculation puts it in the 235-240kts zone. Burned about 410-415pph, which is roughly 62gal/hr. I’m still hopeful that once the pressurization is fixed, she’ll be able to do 250kts at FL250 and get well below 60gal/hr.

Plane is now in for panel and interior retrofit, so will be a moment before I can post anything.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 15 Dec 13:48

Adam do the engines have inertial separators?

EGTK Oxford

Thought of you today Adam at Antwerp.

EGTK Oxford

Adam do the engines have inertial separators?

No, they do not.

Nice to see you behind a Commander once in awhile.. Do your remember registration?

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 16 Dec 06:15

A nice video on the MU-2

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

MU-2’s are great aircraft. And after the mandatory SFRA training, it’s now also one of the safest, if not the safest TP twin. It has some great advantages:

Fully supported still by Mitsubishi.
Cheap to operate.
Built like tanks.
Fast.
Fits in small hangars.

It’s also one of the more economic TP twins to buy, although prices have gone up in recent years. It’s still extreme bang for the buck compared to King Airs etc.

Congrats! Great story!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Winglets are on! I got these from an estate sale, brand new with the STC paperwork.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 13 Oct 23:58

Nice to see you finally got your plane flying. Did you now sort out the avionic problems as well? I suppose it is very high time that plane got fully functional at last.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Who says I’m flying @Mooney_Driver ?

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 15 Oct 14:46
Sign in to add your message