Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Photos of your planes

Right, tomjnx … I will fly to this field on every Monday for work this year … every VMC Monday that is … It’s actually a good runway, always dry and hard. The one bad thing is the reflections of the nickel edges on the back side… but if I keep the prop I will spray the back sides flat black

For a change I used my Nikon D4 for a cockpit photo in flight, and not the iPhone. 17-35 mmm lens, HDR mode, light editing in Capture NX2. …. If that damn thing wasn’t so heavy!

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 21 Apr 17:24

That’s an interesting point – HDR mode. My camera does it and even the 808 phone does it but I haven’t used it for years because it produced a rather unreal contrast range.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That depends on how you use it. Here i used only a difference of 1 f-stop between the two pictures

Here my baby although she has two fathers.

Matti
EFHV

That’s a nice little bird ;-)

That depends on how you use it. Here i used only a difference of 1 f-stop between the two pictures

Just tried it. Very good! I had to use two stops to really make it work. Also on the K3 you get a long delay before you can take the next shot (10-20 secs). Or do you combine them on a PC?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, sometimes you need 2 or even 3 stops to make it work. It can look a bit too artificial then. I try to do it with a very short shutter time which works pretty well with the D4, but even ten i sometimes get a blurred picture. In the D4 the lag is only a fraction of a second if you use a very fast memory card. But it doesn’t always work. HDR is better for landscape pictures from tripods …

But of course, you can do a series with bracketing (-1, +1 f-stop) with a short exposure time and then do the HDR on the computer! Let me know if that works.

Got these two pics yesterday. Nice to have some air to air shots.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

An old Aztruck looking purposeful – last time spotted somewhere in western Ukraine.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message