Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ANR headsets causing tinnitus?

I don’t think tinnitus has anything.to do with wax build up or with age.

By and large on Euroga posters try not to post FUD :)

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/earwax-build-up/

In fact one of the tests of the audiogram is to detect false positives caused by ringing from tinnitus.

Last Edited by RobertL18C at 04 Feb 22:15
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Interesting… I thought tinnitus was purely a “brain” issue and not an actual sound detectable in the ear canal.

The audiogram emits pulses, to try to defeat you guessing “when”

Two identical threads merged. I recommend reading this one further back, regarding the A20 tests.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I wear QC35s for at least 5 hours every day (most of the time with no audio on) and I would put them among the best things I’ve ever bought in terms of utility for the cost. They’ve made sharing a house with small kids a lot easier over the last number of years! I also find it much easier to concentrate on work when wearing them.

EIMH, Ireland

Peter wrote:

Ask any married man

you killed me ;-) ;-) ;-)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I have tinnitus in my right ear. Too much gun noise from the early years. Any raised noise makes it worse the next day – it generally calms down unless there was a lot of noise. I use the A20 and love them and it never makes it worse the next day even after a long leg. If it does get bad, I would recommend google searching ‘general fuzz ACRN’ You match the frequency of your tinnitus and then it plays a series of tones which send the dogs and wife nuts, but after an hour of this, it gets much better the next day. I believe the theory is that it breaks the feedback loop which creates the auditory illusion.

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message