Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

TOTAL fuel card for France

I sent a recto-verso copy of my Postfinance card

With that information, anyone can use it to make online payments from that card up to 500 CHF, no PIN or anything else required.

All they need is actually the IBAN and BIC.

chflyer wrote:

Send a request to Marie-France Pascal using email address [email protected]
If you provide her with enough details in your email she can prepare/populate the forms that you need to sign.

Or you can fill out the online form which asks you for all the information they need.The rest of the process is the same.

Took me 10 days from application to reception of card.

LFPT, LFPN

For the German readers: all about the topic of fuel in France is here.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

At Le Touquet if you want to pay with a Total card it is self service only. The bowser will not ccept the card. On the plus side self service is much cheaper.

You mean the self service pump at LFAT charges a much lower price than their bowser?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Of course. The “card price” of 100LL is currently 1.73€, nationwide. They always show the curent price here (scroll down a bit).

For “reselling”, airfields can charge whatever markup they want. L2K is slightly over 2.00€ right now, I believe…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Dec 20:11
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hmmm…. I am sure my useless UK bank doesn’t do SEPA anyway, and while I fly to France quite a bit I don’t buy a lot of fuel there (because even Biarritz is 1/2 tank away), but I wonder what sort of admin is involved with the TOTAL card, once it has been set up? With AIR BP I do absolutely nothing; they direct-debit the stuff and post the invoice a bit later. But it sounds like AIR BP is more expensive than TOTAL.

OTOH my chances of working out the user interface of a TOTAL self service pump (which is likely to be purely French) are probably worse than an AIR BP pump

Is the TOTAL card applicable to scenarios where you get the “pump man” to do the refill? In France, I fly only to international airports (customs/immigration). I always heard that the real advantage of the TOTAL card is for self service pumps at non-int airports in France, and one cannot fly to any of those to/from the UK.

Administrator

chflyer wrote:

caution fee
What is that? A deposit?

recto-verso

What does it mean?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

What is that? A deposit?

Yes. A security deposit.

LFPT, LFPN

How big is this deposit and does it amount to a spending limit?

Administrator

No spending limit as far as I have seen in the paperwork I received. I paid 400€ in deposit and signed a SEPA direct debit approval.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 19 Dec 07:13
LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message