Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Brexit and general aviation, UK leaving EASA, etc (merged)

I’m not sure it’s the consensus that anyone with a G-reg should re-register it and do it soon. As already said, the CAA has stated that come what may, any EASA license will be good in G-reg for at least 2 years. Rushing into a registration change may be unnecessarily costly and time consuming. Additionally, historically the CAA has allowed 3rd country licenses in G-reg (and currently still does so for G-reg non-EASA aircraft). It was EASA, not the UK CAA, that took this away. That suggests to me that there’s a good chance that the CAA will once again allow this for certified aircraft in the long term if the UK is no longer in EASA. So if I were in that situation, I would not be rushing into going off G-reg just yet.

Andreas IOM

Yes exactly. G reg and EASA papers is zero risk.

Only if based in a country which restricts foreign reg could it be a problem. Norway Denmark…?

I don’t think you can train in N in the UK unless owned by the student. I did my JAA IR thus. But most ftos can’t be bothered with the extra paper.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

As long as your examiner is an EASA examiner, even from the UK, you should be able to apply for an EASA license in any EASA state, with the checkride protocol of your EASA UK examiner.

If I’m not mistaken, we have had students over here that received a Danish PPL after performing a checkride with a Swedish EASA examiner.

ESME, ESMS

Peter wrote:

I don’t think you can train in N in the UK unless owned by the student. I did my JAA IR thus. But most ftos can’t be bothered with the extra paper.

I would have phrase it the other way some aircraft owners groups have an ATO label on top to do some limited training…
But yes when you go to a UK commercial school asking them to add an n-reg to the fleet to get some training first they come back “yes we can” and later with “we don’t know”

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Jan 10:35
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

That was a rather unnecessary comment, was it not? Particularly given the composition of EU-27.

I’m sorry that you think so. The point is that whereas many of our parents and grandparents generation deferred to authority even to the extent of unimaginable discrimination, today’s citizens of the EU27 won’t stand for the slightest nonsense. We are – I can’t find the exact English word – mutig, and if some fundamentalist Eurocrats refuse temporary recognition of our UK flight crew licences, European pilots will bury our elected representatives with polite letters demanding pragmatic reciprocity or, ultimately, we may just raise two fingers.

The process of UK independence (if it happens) can not abridge the privileges of EU citizens who hold UK-issued EASA Part-FCL papers. Such privileges are “possessions” for the purposes of Article 17 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, and they cannot be withdrawn without compensation.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

So… because democracy and citizen rights is too tiring, you want to get back to reopen camps in Kenia or make Afrikans, Indians and Pakistani to subjects of – what were your words – unimaginable didcrimination?

Yes, your comments are unnecessary.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Thanks for all the positive input….I thought this forum was for GA issues only!!!!!

LGMG, Cyprus

I thought this forum was for GA issues only

Indeed it is, but as @mh rightly points out, one party (DG MOVE of the European Commission) has decided to adopt a negotiating stance which tramples on the fundamental rights of those of us who are, and will remain after 29 March, European Union citizens.

The particular issue is that the UK CAA has decided to treat all UK- and EU27-issued Part-FCL licences as equal for two years after UK independence. DG MOVE has decided not to reciprocate, thereby depriving UK Part-FCL licence holders of their existing right to fly EASA-registered aircraft. The EU Treaties require fair and prompt compensation for any such deprivation or restriction of property.

Fortunately, this issue may be cheaply and easily justiciable by a non-monetary claim under the European Small Claims Procedure laid down in Regulation (EC) No 861/2007.

The general issue of the validity of licences and approvals issued by the UK under EU Regulations is, of course, much wider than flight crew licensing, or even air and surface transport.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

You are quite correct..I concur.

LGMG, Cyprus

This is going to be interesting, now problem will be for Ryanair and Easyjet. Because of this I am trying to sell property in Malaga because I will not be able to fly for 9 euros anymore from London to AGP airport, it will become just too expensive and I am sure there will be a lot of delays due to obtaining permits and so on.

[ advertisement for apartment for sale removed – human ingenuity knows few bounds, so a mod on EuroGA never has a dull day ]

Spain
Sign in to add your message