Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

TimR wrote:

Can someone who has purchased FF for Europe confirm whether at present they have implemented UK geo-referenced AIP procedure plates?

Yes. Both Jepp and AIP.

EGTK Oxford

I made a try today. It was really surprising for me, that the airport contact data is allways missing although it is part of the Jeppesen database. What I think is very useful is the integration of the fuel prices on the different fields.

EDDS , Germany

It would be a miracle if they had the right airport contact data, because Jeppesen never had it to start with The contact details in (what used to be called) Jepp Text Pages were mostly horribly out of date. I have banged my head against that stuff many times. The funniest one was the phone # for Tirana LATI which was somebody’s house. Well, not much GA goes to LATI, but Jepp never corrected reported errors either; I sent them many reports.

That whole aspect of aviation has changed and fortunately for the better, with the internet, and you google for the airport website and it’s all there. There is a directory called ACUKWIK (not free) which is reasonably “OK” for that, and there are some free sites such as this which are a reasonable start.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@peter In Jeppesen Mobile Flightdeck VFR, the contact data contains also webpages. Most of the time the phonenumbers are correct, especially in Germany. So it‘s helpful not all the times but often.

EDDS , Germany

eddsPeter wrote:

It was really surprising for me, that the airport contact data is allways missing although it is part of the Jeppesen database.

In the US version this info is there and, IME, correct. I guess it’ll take a while for things to shake out in Europe. One important thing is user feedback, FF are very good in implementing users’ comments and suggestions.

TimR wrote:
Can someone who has purchased FF for Europe confirm whether at present they have implemented UK geo-referenced AIP procedure plates?

JasonC wrote:
Yes. Both Jepp and AIP.

To clarify, only the German AIP is available currently. As you can see from Jason’s post, the UK AIP is very close to ready. We decided to hold back for some final QA on the UK charts. The nice thing is, once the UK AIP is ready it will automatically appear as an additional download (in the More > Downloads view) – no app update required. This is how it will work for all of the additional AIP (via EUROCONTROL) coverage we are working on.

Houston, TX (KIWS), United States

What is the minimum spec Ipad on which FF runs well?

I have an Ipad 2 from 2011.

Administrator

@peter Apple dropped support for the iPad 2 with iOS 10. The current version of ForeFlight requires iOS 10.3 or later. We have some additional information here on our Buying Guide An important thing to note is that a data plan is not required to use the iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular model’s GPS capabilities. The minimum storage option these days is 32GB (available on the 9.7-inch model) which is plenty of space for Europe.

Houston, TX (KIWS), United States

Thanks Angela. I would probably go for a 128GB Mini, no GSM, which can presumably be tethered over wifi to my (android) phone. I think the current Mini Ipad does have the GPS even though it has no GSM; that was not the case until fairly recently.

Administrator

@Peter it does not. If you go for the wifi version you need an external GPS.

It cannot get GPS signal from an Android phone.

ESME, ESMS
Sign in to add your message