Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Foreflight now available for Europe

I´ve just added Europe to my subscription, it´s going to be exciting to see if it will replace SD for me.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

After the first look in Version 10.1 :
The traffic patterns are displayed nicely, including entry procedures and TPAs. IFR procedures are all available via EUROCONTROL, the German IFR-low chart is geo-referenced…not that I would use it when flying though.
Flight planning for IFR flights has worked nicely for one of my routes, it seems to retrieve previously flown or validated routes from EUROCONTROL.

I think it will take some getting used to flying VFR with Foreflight in Europe. CTRs are not very prominent, some airspaces are not displayed with their vertical limit shown in numbers. The military airspaces make things pretty unreadable in certain areas, and you can´t customize it to my liking yet. Some restricted areas in Germany are simply missing, not good at all!

There´s still room for improvement.

Last Edited by Caba at 11 Jun 19:39

Caba wrote:

But it does not seem to work yet, I´m still running on version 10.0.2, the European data is apparently supposed to work with 10.1. So let´s wait some more.

Version 10.1 should be in the App store I am downloading my data now.

KUZA, United States

NCYankee wrote:

Version 10.1 should be in the App store I am downloading my data now.

Correct, it’s downloading as I write this.

Yeah, I edited my post as I was just a little too quick, 10.1. showed up as I had sent it.

Caba wrote:

Some restricted areas in Germany are simply missing, not good at all!

I have to correct that statement, I´ve found the areas in question.

Does it get the French AIP plates correctly? (as in not just a long PDF document, but in individual files for each procedure)

You can disable some airspace types which gets rid of non airspace related lines ( I turn off SUA/MOA which are not needed in europe). Numbers appear for all but can depend on zoom. Also for planning turning off auto highlight makes sense. Otherwise some airspace is decluttered.

Play with airspace settings on the map page.

Last Edited by JasonC at 12 Jun 08:27
EGTK Oxford

Has someone found a way to display IFR waypoints?

EGTF, LFTF

denopa wrote:

Has someone found a way to display IFR waypoints?

Can you be more specific? You mean those not on an airway?

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message