Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Headsets (merged)

Had Bose X – sold – too clampy
Then Sennheiser Hmec26 – sold as they became standard issue on plane
Now use Bose QC 15 with Uflymic. Work well in Piston singles and comfy for 6 hours plus during cruise in the “light twin”.
This is supposed to be very good according to the internet: https://www.quiettechnologies.com/

always learning
LO__, Austria

Lightspeed Zulu works for me. Not at all happy with Bose, ear cups ridiculously small, no offsetting advantages.

Snoopy wrote:

This is supposed to be very good according to the internet: https://www.quiettechnologies.com/

I know someone who use the Quiet Halo in France, and are very happy with it. They tried my Bose A20 but liked theirs better.

AFAUU time to delivery may be longish because there is little or no stock.

LFPT, LFPN

I have both the Clarity Aloft and the Bose A20. I tend to use the Clarity in preference to the Bose as they are more comfortable over long flights.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

A lot depends on the plane.

A DA42 is much quieter than the SEPs like the TB20 and the SR22 (the latter is even noisier than the former, IME). The old avgas twins are quieter too than any avgas SEP; a 421C is so quiet you almost don’t need headsets up front and you don’t need them in the cabin. I have been in a couple of jets and they are very quiet; the pilots tend to use different headsets which are lightweight but they are IMHO useless for SEPs although some people manage with them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If you can deal with plugs inside your ears then Clarity Aloft are very good. They are not ANR but there is no need for that. My wife has the 1st. generation, she loves them and i found them very impressive. The draw back is that you have to replace the plugs every so often to avoid ear infection.

Ben wrote:

The draw back is that you have to replace the plugs every so often to avoid ear infection.

You can probably soak them in an antiseptic solution (alcohol, or hydrogen peroxide, or something similarly innocuous) once in a while instead.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Snoopy wrote:

I’ve been using the halos for a few months now and they are good, especially considering the price. Noise cancelling wise: In a DA42 they are fine, but in an SR22 are slightly louder than I would’ve liked, although bearable. It is important the earbuds are inserted properly which is not always easy if you’re in a rush!

Another good point about them is that the earbuds are cheap so can be replaced fairly often.

Last Edited by Roger at 07 Oct 15:31
EGBB

I think the over-ear / in-ear issue really comes down to personal preferences. Personally, I don’t like in-ear headphones, not even for music (and I actually have some really good ones), although I have no problem using earplugs for sleeping on long commercial flights. Go figure….

Agree, Bose A20 is the most comfortable and has the best ANR.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany
Sign in to add your message