Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

Peter wrote:

No comments on the 100k please. We don’t want the mass media to think that planes cost any more than that

Or less than that

Still the guy is the best UK GA can have on top of DfT…

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Jul 15:28
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

From here

ch.ess wrote:

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named

So Peter with round glasses and lightning scar, and Timothy maligned-for-6-books-but-ultimately-revealed-as-hero?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Well, if the names are anything to go by, Timothy will be stoned to death trying to stop this procession thread, and Peter will eventually go to Rome the CAA in order to spread the gospel change their policy, and will be crucified.

Centuries later, they will both be celebrated as martyrs in the cause of aviation.

Last Edited by Cobalt at 15 Aug 16:36
Biggin Hill

Sorry, I forgot:

Biggin Hill

Cobalt wrote:

if the names are anything to go by

Actually, and to my family’s infinite surprise and mirth, I am currently deeply immersed in uncovering my religious heritage. Maybe more a story for The Lookout than here

EGKB Biggin Hill

Are you reading the Kind David report in that research? I think it “documents” the time your family namesake was around. Quite enlightening…

Biggin Hill

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d2/Saint_Timothy.jpg/180px-Saint_Timothy.jpg

You always be my saint, no research necessary.

Last Edited by Fuji_Abound at 15 Aug 18:16

Cobalt wrote:

Are you reading the Kind David report in that research?

The most interesting thing about David, in my mind, is that the sling-throwers were the elite soldiers of the day. They could launch a stone at close to the speed and accuracy of a hand-gun bullet.

Thus the Philistines putting forward their lumbering Goliath were always going to lose. It’s like putting Mohammed Ali against Wild Bill Hickok. Thus the whole David and Goliath meme is 100% the wrong way round. All wise money would have been on David at the outset.

Sorry, where were we?

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

Sorry, where were we

XTD = several thousand miles.

You really ought to read the “Kind David Report”, alongside / after reading the Books of Kings and the Chronicles with all their inconsistencies (or Melakhim and Divrei HaYamim, if you prefer). It is a satire on the truth in written history in general, told from the perspective of Ethan the Scribe, who is commissioned to write “The One and Only True and Authoritative, Historically Correct and Officially Approved Report on the Amazing Rise, God-fearing Life, Heroic Deeds and Wonderful Achievements of David, Son of Jesse” henceforward to be known as “the King David Report”.

While not strictly useful as a tool in studying scripture (it really is a political satire, not a religious one, but more subtle than Orwell’s Animal Farm), it made me re-read these parts more thoroughly than before, and with more enjoyment.

Biggin Hill

Great thread drift – visiting Jerusalem a few years ago a friend organised a great tour by a local archaeologist – the likely hill which was the base of King David’s kingdom was quite modest!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message