Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

How many have taken a refugee or immigrant in?

I read a lot of opinions on how things should/could/would be done. Are they coming from personal experience? Or philosophical training.

It is scary how hatefilled and loud current politics have become, in any regard and in any resort.

It does remind me of the worst demagogues ever to plague the Earth, loud because their arguments will not stand but if screamed loud enough people will start beliving them. Hateful to bring out the worst in mankind instead of the best. And it is not only politicians who scream without stop, nowadays even children do and get heard by the whole world.

Where the hell is this leading to? Imho the polarisation and frontal attacks will not be resolved peacefully. Scared people tend to make war. And never in more than half a century have people been more scared and incensed then in the recent years.

If opposition parties are labled the enemy, if political discourse in parliaments is no longer leading to consent, if political opponents are no longer respected or even worth of respect, if the people are shunned aside as stupid “sheeple” which need wise men in suits to take away their money and lifelyhood, if the same people are being frightened by fanatical believers of whatever theory or religion they come up with, then society is heading down a path with ultimately will lead to violence.

Just listening on the frontal attacks on our lifelyhoods in this country, and they are tame in comparison, I strongly doubt people will simply sit back and allow their lifes and lifelyhood being destroyed without taking up arms as a last resort.

Just seeing what happens here and where we are going in those people get their say, does not want me to be part of this anymore.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It’s taken a while to find, but I got this T-shirt in 2005 (I should hasten to add) as a joke

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Where the hell is this leading to?

It’s not going to end well. The single real problem we face is that there are too many of us. Sooner or later this will eventually be recognised by the hateful demagogues, young and old.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Capitaine wrote:

It’s taken a while to find, but I got this T-shirt in 2005 (I should hasten to add) as a joke

Have you try to sell it on auction? Those who live in a parallel universe where he did actually have a proper election campaign (e.g. flags, slogans and t-shits) will be interested

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LeSving wrote:

Sooner or later this will eventually be recognised by the hateful demagogues, young and old.

The ultra greens have reckognized this a long time ago, their mantra in the end goes into the direction that mankind is the cancer which destroys the planet, therefore mankind must be eradicated. I’ve heard such lines even in the 1990ties, when the dying forests were on everybodys panicstricken minds. That this never happened, nor that many other doomsday scenarios have never happened, who cares. The doomsday threats are just getting bigger and bigger. Fear is a great motivator to get people to do what they want.

We can start to think like the Chinese do and implement a one child policy, with compulsory abortion of any further pregnancies… mass murder by the state which even the Chinese have gone away from in the mean time as it is simply too inhuman. Or, as a colleague of mine (female) suggested to sterilize people after they have had their first kid, again compulsory, or your child is taken away as you are socially inept. Whatever, I don’t think that any of us would like to live in a eco dictatorship like this.

It is really horrible if people start to shout at you because you have a child. I have been waiting for over 25 years to have one and now that I do I am willing to give up everything else for my daughter. And I am reducing our carbon print by half as out of two comes one… but it is not enough for the extremists.

Eco Fascism will not be different from any other fascism in the world… it will lead to unspeakable violence.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Eco Fascism will not be different from any other fascism in the world… it will lead to unspeakable violence.

Indeed. As long as we have democracy I think we will be OK though. But there is more than enough mass stupidity out there (religion, Eco, -isms of all kinds) that can kill democracy overnight if given enough momentum. We had local elections here a couple of weeks ago (for regional communities). That election showed clearly that for any action in one direction, there are equal reactions in the other directions. The (rather no compromise) environmentalists party moved massively forward, but so did also pro regional influence, pro “common sense” groups. The big losers were the establishment (traditional labor and conservatives).

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

The (rather no compromise) environmentalists party moved massively forward, but so did also pro regional influence, pro “common sense” groups. The big losers were the establishment (traditional labor and conservatives).

That is the trend which we expect here as well. Extremists move ahead, the traditional parties jump on the bandwagon to not be exterminated. In the end you end up what amounts like two religious groups declaring holy war on each other.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

In the end you end up what amounts like two religious groups declaring holy war on each other.

@Mooney_Driver you have written some of the most educated and reasonable delineations I’ve read on a number of topics.

When I read what you’ve written, I instinctively start ‘listening’.
Not because I agree or disagree, rather because it’s so clear and comes from a reasonable position.

Sign in to add your message