Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

Tax avoidance versus tax evasion. The former is 100% legal

“Abusive tax avoidance” is still 100% legal; it is just above average provocative

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Basically what it is all about is to make Brexit so that no other country will ever try. “pour encourager les autres” I think is the expression…

Which is fundamentally anti-democratic and contrary to the principles of the EU.

Andreas IOM

Jacko wrote:

we manufacture no goods in the U.K.

“Manufacturing makes up 10% of GVA and 45% of UK exports, and directly employs 2.7 million people” – https://www.themanufacturer.com/uk-manufacturing-statistics/

Andreas IOM

I think Jacko was refering to his own business

Peter wrote:

“Abusive tax avoidance” is still 100% legal; it is just above average provocative

Maybe in the UK, not necessarily in other countries. Sweden has a law that states that a business procedure is considered tax evation if it is unnecessarily complicated and the only economic benefit compared to a more straightforward procedure is reduced taxes.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Jacko wrote:

For better or worse, we Brits have narrowly voted to escape from a “united Europe” whose cohesion once again requires citizens to be beaten in the streets for illegal use of a ballot box. If European leaders are content to see women battered with truncheons to save their “project”, it may not be safe to assume that their stated desire to inflict “consequences” upon the British proletariat will somehow stop short of collateral damage to European General Aviation.

And yet the people at the receiving end of those truncheons are more pro-EU than most.

I think a lot of the future direction of the EU and perhaps EASA may be indicated by this.

As they acknowledge there is going to be a significant shortfall in the funding. I know the commission has suggested more taxation to fill it but that’s a whole lot to pick up. If funding does become tight I wonder if it will take much longer for EASA and other smaller policy decisions to come through as other more pressing issues arise.

Last Edited by Off_Field at 25 Oct 21:44

It’s funny how from a statement of Michel Barnier where he simply gives easy to understand examples of why a no-deal Brexit would be bad, people here assume that the UK leaving the EASA is a given now.

The UK will not leave EASA. Want to bet?

I agree the UK is unlikely to leave EASA.

However Barnier is pretending to be General Sutherland which is “not quite” the situation

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Timothy wrote:

I agree

So do I.

Sign in to add your message