Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

Ah, Peter, cool down. This topic really became boring. Do you really think this still interests anybody?

“Vanessa” was my only fake account, I told you that. And that was more or less meant as a joke. I enjoyed your reactions though ;-) I even told you I am sorry and you accepted it. And you did exactly the same thing on COPA. Forgot?

Last Edited by at 30 Sep 17:44

Always the same tactic Alexis. Stir up a lot of hassle and then say it is too boring to discuss. Anyway, your definition of “integrity” is very funny. I wish you luck with that.

I did nothing on COPA.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You registered under a fake name on COPA, which is against their guidelines. The account is still there. I really don’t care, but I don’t really get why my “Vanessa” stunt can get you that excited.

Maybe you can just stop making sarcastic remarks about my integrity? I will not answer you on that level, but it would feel better if you just stopped it.

Last Edited by at 30 Sep 18:13

I registered with 1 character in my surname changed – a highly desirable practice on the internet. No concealment involved. You don’t use your full name on here either. And after each “trouble” you strip out your profile, as well as demanding that your avatar is removed so people don’t recognise it.

Administrator

- COPA requires the correct and full name, You also put in “EGHH” as your home base. and a wrong phone number. All this is clearly against the guidelines. Hey, how about admitting a mistake once, for a change?
- euroGA does not require real names.

I have changed my profile a couple of times and my avatar too. Is that not allowed? I will check the guidelines. If so, then I am sorry. My profile contains my personal website.

Last Edited by at 30 Sep 18:34

Stateside they have Rant and Rave type threads for non aviation ‘banter’ – eventually the mods are defeated and have to shut them down. Typically they require an extra action to read/participate so that other forumites can drive by peacefully.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

> /dev/null

Biggin Hill

Can I make an independent suggestion that this thread just be deleted?

I enjoy and respect this forum partly because of its strong moderation and the fact it’s on topic about flying.

If I want to read this sort of rubbish arguing, I go to flyer forum :-)

Just delete it. People will get over it.

EGKL, United Kingdom

It’s a good suggestion Carl but it would be more work for me overall.

My only remaining option (as a mod) would be to delete stuff and maybe ban people if they don’t “get it”. I have thus far banned only two “actual people” here (plus a good number of spammers and a few trolls) but those two created a lot of trouble. They got a certain amount of support because “you” always take a friend’s sob story at face value, and most people don’t visit the forum often enough to catch what is really going on.

Administrator

what_next wrote:

I dimly remember that Eclipse boasted to have years worth of waiting lists before their first prototype even flew… And when did I last see an Eclipse anywhere

Well, comparing Pilatus’ Jet backlog with a then completely new to the market company and, pardon me, American marketing with that of a Swiss legacy company is a bit far fetched. Pilatus have had their production sold out almost every year since the PC12 hit the market and that was before the year started… so right now I understand if you want a PC12 NG off the production at Stans you will be talking 2019, if you want a PC24 it will be 2020…

And incidently, I do see Eclipse’s here quite regularly and a friend of mine from Austria is flying one. He loves it. (Used to fly a Citation Jet before).

Pilatus has been rock solid in their sales for decades. That is VERY different than a start up company. And they have a rep to build on which many other companies look at with envy.

what_next wrote:

One does not have to be “left wing” for opposing weapon sales to unstable third world countries

First of all, what is a weapon and secondly what is a unstable third world country. None of the Pilatus trainers are armed nor do they have provisions for arming. Clearly, some places do after market mods even on much less capable airplanes but that is not Pilatus’ problem. Secondly, deals which fell through or came under scrutiny involved places like the US, Australia, Bulgaria, the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Hardly unstable even though third world may be an issue to some. Pilatus was not stupid enough to offer the planes to countries they knew would cause a uproar such as most of Africa and others, but they did compete and got orders from places which at the time were engaged in either NATO or other ops to which the complainers objected to. There is a very vocal group in Switzerland who wishes to abolish the army and who will fight every single export to their self declared enemy countries and to any armed forces world wide. Pilatus reckognized that if they wanted to stay in Switzerland, they would have to diversify. Today, their military trainer business is a small niche, before it was their bread and butter. And incidently, most of the scrutinized deals were eventually approved but it is much easier selling civil airplanes if you are based in a country like ours.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message