Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Depository for off topic / political posts (NO brexit related posts please)

My girlfriend and mother of my kids is generally not impressed by things.

Isn‘t the trailer called AIRstream?

Nah thats the upscale version here it is,
https://www.rvt.com/Gulf-Stream-RV-Reviews/reviews?manu=Gulf%20Stream

So what does impress her?

KHTO, LHTL

I see, i didn’t know that trailer model. (Link doesn’t work)

What impresses my wife? Things like Integrity, tolerance, generosity, the love for nature … you get the picture. I’m not saying that I can deliver all that impresses her though, but she’s a good role model ;-)

That reminds me of the time when I first met her. we went flying for the first time and I let her manipulate the controls. The next day she registered at the flight school and did the PPL … within 40 hours. And she’s an artist, designer, who never had much contact with technical stuff. To the end (her licence expired ten years later) she refused to use the GPS, she flew with the map in her lap, with a watch, … and she thought “staring at those screens is boring”. ;-) She does the same in her car … paper maps only, no GPS. Yes, she’s a bit crazy, but at least she’s not mainstream!

Last Edited by at 30 Sep 09:29

What impresses my wife? Things like Integrity, tolerance, generosity, the love for nature … you get the picture. I’m not saying that I can deliver all that impresses her though, but she’s a good role model ;-)

She probably doesn’t know about your posts here under a female persona flying a TBM700

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hey, what happened to this thread???

I come here if I want to see people at each other’s throats when ostensibly trying to convince each other to change their completely immovable political points of view!

This sexist banter about girlfriends and talk about how much more impressive Alexis is than his or her aircraft (I’ll take the aircraft, sorry) has no place here.

Can we please keep this off-topic thread on topic???

(for the avoidance of doubt – )

Last Edited by Cobalt at 30 Sep 09:54
Biggin Hill

She probably doesn’t know about your posts here under a female persona flying a TBM700

She actually does. And we had a good laugh about your reaction ;-)

One distant day in the future you will get over it.

She actually does. And we had a good laugh about your reaction ;-)

OK… so we have …

• Alexis #1 → Flyer59 (name changed on demand after a lot of toys flew out of the pram)
  • Vanessa Cardigan – fake TBM700 pilot (who posted some real dirt; mostly removed)
  • Dylan22 – fake 8900hr Alaskan bush pilot
  • Alexis #2

You do this completely shamelessly on a site which was developed to provide a resource for GA in Europe, free of charge, by David and (run on a daily basis by) myself. A huge amount of time has gone into EuroGA by David and myself and I spend a significant amount of my time cleaning up after you. Actually a lot of people have told me this thread was a great idea and I agree – it makes it a lot easier for me to clean stuff up and avoids you chucking your toys out of the pram over some demand for “free speech” and the resulting hassles when you launch some smear campaign in the background.

Thinking that this is all a “good laugh” is a really “interesting” definition of “integrity”!

One distant day in the future you will get over it.

Bullsh1t, Alexis. You live in some weird virtual world, banging on your Ipad all day from morning to evening. I have nothing to “get over”. I am just doing a job, and what you (and some others) don’t get is that unless this kind of thing is contained to some reasonable level, a lot of good contributors pack up and leave, and that is what I work hard to prevent.

Administrator

Peter, didn’t you mention at some point you were trying to wind up people on the socata board too?

I did once say that I flew at MTOW plus 30%, because it usefully increases Va. I didn’t put a smiley after it, in the belief that no TB owner could possibly fail to spot the blindingly obvious joke…

That’s about it. No other windups, so not anywhere near in the same league

Administrator

Hummmm…this is a nasty little thread.

It seems a shame this thread even has to exist on the forum. Some people seem to get off on causing trouble. If you don’t feel the forum is of benefit to you or have nothing to nice to say or contribute why not take a walk!

@peter just keep in mind….

Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon… no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut about like it won anyway!

Sorry almost forgot the :-)

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message