Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AirBerlin's last long haul flight landing at Düsseldorf - missed approach

what_next wrote:

So who did suspend whom from what exactly?

Don’t know if they are cross qualified A320/330… in which case the suspension could be real.

What a farce indeed.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” …. (interesting part starting around 3:40)

EDNW, Germany

Fantastic. If they nail the AirBerlin crew, they will need to stonewall this crew.

LFPT, LFPN

what_next wrote:

Why they still failed to make a profit will always remain a mystery of our trade…

Unfocused business model with no clear strategy; fast yet opportunity driven growth; and ineffective cost management.
In the beginning, the bad management was unfortunate. In the end, the bad management was intentional.
I guess O’Leary is right when he says: it was a stitch up.

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 20 Oct 07:29
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Irrelevant of GA but within a few days I read bankruptcy news for Germania and Flybmi plus difficulties of Norwegian and our ubiquitous Brianair.Does it have to do with accumulative maintenance costs ,on the ground of low money income of cheapo ticketing ?

Last Edited by MedFlyer at 18 Feb 09:54
LGGG

Name one industry, where a “race to the bottom” was healthy…

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

We now officially have medium sized cities with an airport, but no commercial airline serving them. Rostock, for example….

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

We have that for quite some time. Kiel for example. Or Mannheim for some period of time. Or Magdeburg.

Last Edited by mh at 18 Feb 16:14
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Irrelevant of GA but within a few days I read bankruptcy news for Germania and Flybmi plus difficulties of Norwegian and our ubiquitous Brianair.Does it have to do with accumulative maintenance costs ,on the ground of low money income of cheapo ticketing ?

I don’t know for a fact what is casuing it, but Michael O’Leary of Ryanair has been saying for a few months now that he expects to see a number of the smaller carriers go out of business due to increasing fuel prices affecting the industry.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

One problem is that when you take the DOC of say a 737 and divide it by the number of seats, you end up with a ticket price of something like 100 quid (or euros) to cover the costs.

So the lo-co formula cannot work other than by misleading people. The average ticket price has to be nearer to 200.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message