Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for Ferry Pilot - Cirrus factory - Albenga LIMG

Surely some can do it after all you can fly a microlight at 500ft over water level at -20C even with sh**y MSLP chart like the one above, as one off it just works as long as there is some liquid fuel in the tanks !

In regular ferry crossings, the law of large numbers tend to apply

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Dec 15:47
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

But seriously, yes, an interesting Q is why Cirrus themselves aren’t offering a delivered aircraft. They have dealers in Europe.

Many reasons. Plane delivered to someone else and sold on immediately (currently 150k premium for NA and 250k premium for T). Or no ferry capacity in house. Etc..

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Many reasons. Plane delivered to someone else and sold on immediately (currently 150k premium for NA and 250k premium for T). Or no ferry capacity in house. Etc..

I would also guess most factory deliveries to the US where the buyer picks it up in person. From what I’ve heard, Cirrus are pretty god in turning this into quite the ceremony.

The alternative is to have Cirrus send the plane over in shipping container. It gets reassembled on this side. I used this when having a new one delivered some years ago. Saves you worrying about winter weather in the N Atlantic and also a ferry pilot not treating the engine then way you would wish.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Cirrus are pretty god in turning this into quite the ceremony.

You mean Cirrus film you and promote it online?

I remember reading a similar thing where a Czech Lancair Evolution buyer got (or did) a big writeup of the delivery and the flight to CZ. It was taken down after a while

The alternative is to have Cirrus send the plane over in shipping container. It gets reassembled on this side. I used this when having a new one delivered some years ago. Saves you worrying about winter weather in the N Atlantic and also a ferry pilot not treating the engine then way you would wish.

Cirrus used to use Britten-Norman when they were based on the Isle of Wight. I saw it myself. No idea who Cirrus use today. It was an interesting business, made possible by all the planes having identical or very similar wiring.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Interesting that the very good questions here were never answered. @akicorb was never seen again.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

after rarely lurking on Euroga for years, the reading of 2 threads related to the Extra 400 made me realize what a bunch of educated and well behaved you guys are. Well, maybe akicorb shoukd care to say what he did and thank for the suggestions.

Thumbs up and thank you. Some aviation forums are a horrible place to be.
Short intro:
Pilot for close to 3 decades, I’ve been in clubs and later owned several types. My current drive is N111HT, a 2002 Cirrus SR22, after 10 years of 20. I’ll stay in aviation as long as I keep learning, so it’ll probably be forever as everyday shows me more of my ignorance. I’m based in Rabat, Morocco and fly to and through Europe regularly.
Being an owner or pilot is not an easy thing and we need to be a web of helping hands. I’m happy to be a part of that.

Back to the thread, I can answer some of the questions raised above:
- Dismantling/putting back together a Cirrus to ship it is much more costly than ferrying. It’s also risky and lengthy.
- Cirrus does the ferrying if you buy through the dealers. At a cost though. Yes they do have a network of ferry pilots. I know some of them.
- ferrying can be done at that time of the year. It only takes some stops and wait for the weather to open up. A FIKI turbo provides some allowance but it can and has been done many times with clean wings and NA engines.
- akicorb, if you come back, I’ll be happy to ferry your aircraft. The joy of the adventure would be enough of a payment for me.

Great to have you here @Louis-B

always learning
LO__, Austria

Thank you Snoopy

Louis-B wrote:

I’m based in Rabat, Morocco and fly to and through Europe regularly.

Hey, Louis-B. This is a Great forum. Welcome

Could you PLEASE make a post about flying in Morocco. I suspect I am like many here, with have a hankering to fly there and do some exploration. But havent quite crossed the mental barrier yet.

Would love to know about how easy/difficult it is to operate there – PPR, fees, restrictions, interesting airports and places, fuel availability and prices.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message