Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Upgrading legacy G1000 with GTX345R (ADS-B IN / OUT)

Hi Emir, I had similar “problem” in Meridian, if they connected it properly (hardware wise) it should be just software setting. Do they use software emulation via GDL90 in aux system status page? Is there all marked green? There is a lot of settings in gtx345 configuration, and you can see there also “errors”. Do you have the trafic page already in G1000?

G3x
LKKU, Czech Republic

If you see TAS targets in Foreflight, that means the TAS is properly wired into the GTX345, and the GTX345 properly configured to interface with the 610.

Now, if you don’t see on the G1000:
- was the 610 properly « removed » or « unconfigured » from the G1000 config (check RS429)
- is the RS232 of the GIA#2 set to GDL90 ?
- is the GTX properly wired into the GIA#2 (there was a mistake in my case initially)
- is the internal configuration of the GTX properly set for legacy G1000 traffic ?

Also, is there an error message in the CAS window such as « traffic failed » or « traffic unavailable » ?
Or any message related to ADSB ?

Can you send a picture of the traffic page ? You should not see « traffic standby » and « traffic self test » buttons.

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 09 Mar 20:52

G3x wrote:

Do they use software emulation via GDL90 in aux system status page? Is there all marked green? There is a lot of settings in gtx345 configuration, and you can see there also “errors”. Do you have the trafic page already in G1000?

I don’t remember seeing GDL90 on AUX page but I’ll check this, although I remember no red X and no errors on AUX page, everything is green. Traffic page exist but it doesn’t show any traffic while in the air. To be precise, it showed briefly nearby traffic (with Mode S) one or twice during test fligh but it didn’t show any ADS-B traffic. However, all traffic was available in ForeFlight via GTX BlueTooth connection.

Last Edited by Emir at 09 Mar 21:05
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

To be precise, it showed briefly nearby traffic (with Mode S) one or twice during test fligh but it didn’t show any ADS-B traffic.

I am no expert in this but I would say the G1000 is still reading the TAS610 traffic directly and as it can only handle one traffic source it ignores the traffic it receives from the GTX345. My amateur understanding is as PetitCessnaVoyageur suggests you have to unconfigure that link to the TAS610. Then the GTX345 will be the only traffic source. It should then internally combine its own ADS-B traffic and the TAS610 data supplied to it. Then it will deliver the combined signal to the G1000.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

PetitCessnaVoyageur wrote:

Also, is there an error message in the CAS window such as « traffic failed » or « traffic unavailable » ?
Or any message related to ADSB ?

Can you send a picture of the traffic page ? You should not see « traffic standby » and « traffic self test » buttons.

No errors, no ADS-B related messages.

This is what I saw while on the ground:

This is what I saw briefly while in the air:

The rest of the time traffic page was empty.

At the same time ForeFlight was showing screens like these:

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The rewiring involves the suppression of almost all connection between the G1000 and the TAS610, as the TAS610 will feed with the GTX only.

(Almost, because the G1000 still provides heading and altitude to the TAS)

That said, the G1000 can only see one traffic source, so if two are configured (RS232 and 429) it would not work at all I guess.

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 09 Mar 21:27

Could you see TAS targets (no vector, just diamonds) on Foreflight ?

It is weird that you got « some » targets and no more.

Going with Sebastian
On the ground, you should not see any TAS target because the GTX should automatically put your TAS into stand by mode.
On the ground, you should only see ADSB targets.
THe TAS is turned « on » when wheels in the air.

Something is wrong, possibly with the wiring too.

PetitCessnaVoyageur wrote:

Could you see TAS targets (no vector, just diamonds) on Foreflight ?

I’m not sure, it wasn’t much traffic at LDVA today. Only two C172, 9A-DDD and 9A-DVW – the first I saw and the second I didn’t. I doubt that 9A-DDD is ADS-B equipped (I guess Mode-S transponder) so I’m not sure what should be its representation in ForeFlight. As you can see from screenshots it was the same arrow as for airliner at FL330.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message