Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Skydemon (merged thread)

Also, if you tap / click on the class C area you can bring up its information that will contain the frequency and call sign of the radio unit.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

I know about those ways (except the radio view) but they don’t show any information about this airspace except the extent: FL090 – FL195

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Vladimir wrote:

I know about those ways (except the radio view) but they don’t show any information about this airspace except the extent: FL090 – FL195

I suggest you report this directly to the developers (e.g. in the SkyDemon forums). They are usually very quick in fixing obvious errors or omissions like this.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Like Vladimir I do not know what the Radio View is or how to activate this. Would someone please be kind enough to explain how?
thanks

UK, United Kingdom

When in Go Flying mode you touch the SD logo you get a menu including, among other things, Pilot Log and Radio…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

I found it but I wouldn’t call that a view, it’s more like a popup window.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Sorry, edited my post to remove a load of nonsense.

Didn’t read your question properly…

Last Edited by stevelup at 09 Jul 19:34

(Rob from SkyDemon here)

Browsing the forums for (relatively) recent mentions of SkyDemon – which I do to get a feel for how we are generally being viewed – I found this thread and I was intrigued. Was any consensus drawn about where the data for this gliding area is actually being promulgated? Its difficult to tell, but I would be extremely interested to know. I see references to a “GLD sector S”, but it is not clear that sector is described in ENR 5.5.

Can it really be the case that there is a dedicated gliding area which is not known to the AIP? Or maybe this glider area has been removed in the months since this post… I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this!

Rob_Hart wrote:

Can it really be the case that there is a dedicated gliding area which is not known to the AIP?

Sure! In Sweden there are lots of gliding areas in TMAs that are agreed on between ATC and local clubs and which are not in AIP. They are activated on request and traffic permitting. If you fly VFR they don’t matter, but if you fly IFR you can find yourself being routed around them, or given level restrictions.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 05 Aug 16:32
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Yes, but that is a non-notified gliding area, which is different.

Talk was about a gliding area which is shown on the VAC, but not descibed in part ENR of the AIP.

Rob,

these areas are somewhat common in Germany, usually associated with smallish, but TWR-controlled airports. EDMA is one case, EDVE for example is another:

In fact Rob, Germany being one of your key markets, I am a bit surprised that you you are being caught by surprise about these, after all these years (you know I always have high expectations…). Who is the Germany-expert in your team?

Anyway, looks like there will always be certain bits of noteworthy airspace information which will not be put into part ENR and only be promulgated by means of charts. The question is always: will the electronic chart provider go the extra mile, even if it is a lot of manual effort (please don’t tell the story about insufficient accuracy of information derived from charts only, as was the case with the TMAs in Italy…)

Last Edited by boscomantico at 05 Aug 16:53
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message