Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

100UL (merged thread)

I doubt “a few jerrycans” will be a problem anywhere in Europe (etc) simply because you could reasonably use that for garden tools.

But turn up at a petrol station with a pickup truck with 20 of them and see if you get attention It’s also really impractical; you will spill the smelly stuff all over the wings. It will need an electric pump.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

In the UK, you can store up to 274l bit need to follow some rulea (e.g ventilation and fire safety) and notify an authority, but don’t need permission. more than that requires permission.

Biggin Hill

When we (UK) were in the EU, an EU regulation allowed ~200L of motor gasoline to be carried for your own use. I printed it out and kept it in the car. I once needed it, at Tesco Inverness, when filling 3X20L cans.
I don’t know the situation in Scotland or England now. Boat owners as well as pilots are involved for leasure.
This did not apply to road fuel – for your car. 10L for that I think.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Graham wrote:

I can’t help feeling that if it really were illegal to store/transport more than 5L without a licence then petrol stations would ask to see my licence when I fill my jerry can up?

I doubt the minimum wage clerk is any more aware of the fuel transportation law than the person filling up.

In any case, they probably won’t even see you’re filling up jerry cans, and so many petrol stations have pay at the pump.

It’s actually a maximum 10L in the Isle of Man without a licence, I just checked. I think it’s probably the island’s least enforced criminal offence, given that every boat owner regularly transports/stores more than that and there are a lot of boats.

Last Edited by alioth at 04 Aug 15:57
Andreas IOM

Also, how does the clerk know that you don’t have the proper ADR-training/license? 😉

ESSL, Sweden

Dahlbeck wrote:

the clerk

is usually a 19 year old girl with 5 minutes training in selling hot dogs and hamburgers

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

According to this the Gami fuel is mixable with 100LL but (by implication) not with anything else.

They also reckon the cost will be up to USD0.85 extra per USG. That is within the “noise level” of 100LL price variation around the place…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

According to this the Gami fuel is mixable with 100LL but (by implication) not with anything else.

I’ve read the STC which says that it’s mixable with any other kind of AVGAS, but not with MOGAS.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

According to the article:

The amber-colored fuel is fungible with 100LL, meaning the two can be mixed in any proportion, as can mogas used in some models of airplanes.

Mix of mogas and G100UL no problem then it seems.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Presumably because the STC guarantees a 100 octane (or better) fuel. Mixing it with anything else the rating guarantee and the implications for unchanged engine performance disappear.

They also reckon the cost will be up to USD0.85 extra per USG. That is within the “noise level” of 100LL price variation around the place…

The production cost, yes…

T28
Switzerland
Sign in to add your message