Banner
Welcome to our forums

Latest on 8.33 requirements (merged)

@BackPacker

Is that VCR?

JP-Avionics
EHMZ

Yes.

Which Dutch law says that I can be fined 1750 € for making a mistake in a filed flight plan? Given that the flight plan is filed with Eurocontrol in Brussels, how is the Dutch venue established?

This is really very hard to believe. The story must be a different one.

S/S does not imply 8.33 capability!

What does the code S/S mean ? I always file SDGRY/S.

Berlin, Germany

What does the code S/S mean ?

The Second S = Mode S capable.

The first S= Standard equipment. From memory that’s a VHF Radio, an ILS and a VOR receiver.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Only VFR pilots file S/S.

Dor the rest, I agree with Achim. These internet rumors about fines being reported usually turn out to be untrue. Just like the French LP fines.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

As we are probably off to France for the Easter weekend and the Arrow still lacks an 8.33 mhz radio does anybody know if we are likely to run into any problems – both VFR and IFR at sub-oxygen levels?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I cannot remember having ever dialed in a 8.33 frequency in France, so you will probably do just fine. As a matter of fact I was the one who changed the configuration on the DA40 I fly from 25 to 8.33 KHz spacing a while back – just in case. Apparently nobody had a problem before, and I do not think anything has changed since.

LFPT, LFPN

IFR or VFR?

I found this (in French)

From January 1st 2014 all aircraft operated under IFR must be equipped with 8,33 radios. From January 1st 2018, all aircraft must be equipped with 8,33 radios.

From January 1st 2015 all approach frequencies, and the all ATS will progressively be converted to 8,33.

So although I do not think you will have an immediate practical problem with this, you should equip your a/c with 8,33 – the sooner the better.

LFPT, LFPN

Thanks – the owner has been promising a 430 for the last couple of months but is taking his time

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message