Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Latest on 8.33 requirements (merged)

For a listed frequency, it’s obvious – for one and the same actual frequency, the 8.33 kHz channel is listed (and displayed on the transponder) 0.005 MHz above the corresponding 25 kHz channel (see here for more details).
For ATC enroute sectors with discreet frequencies, I’m afraid the only information is in the AIP, though if the AIP requires you to carry 8.33 in a certain airspace, it doesn’t necessarily mean it will actually be used.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 28 Apr 16:01
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

I’m afraid the only information is in the AIP

Maybe you can help me, I’ve never found a list of enroute IFR sectors and their frequencies in any AIP. Did I miss something?

LSZK, Switzerland

I’ve never found a list of enroute IFR sectors and their frequencies in any AIP.

I only meant that AIP may mandate 8.33 carriage in certain parts of country’s airspace (in addition to the universal mandate for airspace classes A-C).

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
As far as I know, 8,33 kHz is compulsory for IFR above a certain FL since last year at least , in EU. And ALL stations will have to have 8,33 from 2018, no 25 kHz radios tolerated after that time for all. Vic
vic
EDME

The Dutch ARO manually checks all VFR flightplans that cross a CTR for Y equipment code :-)

Last week ATC asked me whether I can accept a 8.33 frequency and therefore that sector.
It was over Frankfurt

United Kingdom

Maybe you can help me, I’ve never found a list of enroute IFR sectors and their frequencies in any AIP. Did I miss something?

This info is in all AIPs I’ve seen. Certainly in the AIPs for France, Germany and the UK. Enroute info is in the ENR part of AIP and terminal/tower info in the AD part (sometimes in ENR as well).

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

This info is in all AIPs I’ve seen.

It’s not anywhere near complete. You may find TMA coordinates, but certainly not the further sector subdivision. And this subdivision is quite dynamic, it’s different during the night than during day peak.

For example, many were in Friedrichshafen and talked to the ARFA sector controller. Where do you find the exact extents of the ARFA sector? I’m quite surprised to at least find the frequency in the swiss AIP 8-)

LSZK, Switzerland

The sectors are not always there, but the frequencies are.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The sectors are not always there

But I find this quite crucial info. I find those AIP frequency lists, where they give you a dozen frequencies for some TMA, quite useless.

I always wanted to do a frequency list with the frequencies I’m going to talk to, like I did for VFR, also for IFR but with the published info this is pretty much impossible. This might not be doable, because the sectorisation is quite dynamic, depending on time of day, day of week, weather, …

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message