Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Led lighting (merged)

Perhaps it needs everybody to respond to EASA and ask question on their Comment Response Tool
The more comments they get the more they seem to react..Specifically that you believe this should be Suitable for release to service by pilot-owner.

hub.easa.europa.eu/crt/docs

NPA 2016-17

Southend, United Kingdom

Finally I have the LED lights fitted to the PA28 and all certified using CS-STAN.

The Whelen light assembly’s all pick up on the original mountings making the job particularly troublefree.

@A_and_C may we have some pictures and part numbers please? I’m considering doing the same for mine.

EGTT, The London FIR

Finners, this should help………

4. List of parts (description/Part-No/Qty): Whelen Engineering Inc.

LED Beacon ( Red ) / 01-071055-00 / one
LED Tail position & anti collision light assembly / 01-0771774-V01 / one
LED Wingtip position & anti collision lighthead (Green) / 01-0790712-01 / one
LED Wingtip position & anti collision lighthead (Red) / 01-0790712-02 / one

On this aircraft the original red beacon for the top of the tail was operated from the same strobe power supply as the wing strobes, you may have the self contained red tail beacon, if you have this type check the Whelen online catalog for the part number of the correct replacement for this type of Beacon.

Last Edited by A_and_C at 24 Dec 17:42

Thanks @A_and_C

I can’t find any info on the wingtip lights (01-0790712-01 and 01-0790712-02). What are these? I can’t find them on the Whelen web site or parts catalogue, and Googling doesn’t produce anything either.

Last Edited by Finners at 26 Dec 13:08
EGTT, The London FIR

Sorry a typo got in there somehow.

01-0790725-01 ( green )
01-0790725-03 (red )

http://www.whelen.com/aviation/product.php?head_id=10&prod_id=161

Perfect! Thank you very much.

EGTT, The London FIR

After many years, Socata have produced an “approved” kit for LED taxi and landing lamps – here. It says Confidential but clearly isn’t since it has been posted publicly by the owner of the Socata user group.

This kit includes replacement relays (you have to solder them in) for the current sensing PCB so now the cockpit annunciators should work. Previously various people did a modification to the relay board. Interesting how they did that since Socata got through at least 3 generations of that PCB, over the 1980-2001 period – see here.

So now you can install LED lamps even if your mechanic or CAMO is not happy about it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have this comparison test from another TB20 owner, of Whelen versus Aeroled products. Reproduced with his permission:

Test Data

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message